• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I occasionally take 10mg around 9 or 10 pm, sleep well all night, wake up refreshed. No grogginess, or mood problems. Maybe I am one of those deficient ones that need more.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm glad I found this thread. It explains a lot I didn't realize. My wife started placing a small M tab in my nightly meds just about last Friday, I think. That night or the next I woke up screaming. Really, I was screaming and she woke me. I had vividly dreamed I had somehow caused a young child to fall off the roof of a church. She hit the cement below and her head smashed like a watermelon. I never have dreams like that. The last several nights have not been much different as far as the dreams go. I can hardly stay awake yesterday and today. I'm not taking any more.
    that's the kind of dreams i have even without melatonin or anything else. Then, in the dream, i make things worse by trying to cover up that i accidentally killed someone. it's like a psychological thriller...lol. Or I see someone get beheaded by a helicopter blade, stuff like that.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I tried the 5mg tablets through a whole bottle. It didn't benefit my sleep whatsoever, and it didn't make me feel any worse in the mornings. I didn't notice any changes at all, so I quit taking it.

As Cindy mentioned, I also tried the CBD oil for a little over 45 days. Again, the were no changes, especially the advertised benefits.

Vicodin, Darvocet, Codeine, Novocain, etc. also has no affect on me. But, if I take the recommended dose of NyQuil, it makes me sleepy, but not sleep well. And I feel like s**t until the following evening. I don't use NyQuil anymore.
    Vicodin and Darvocet make me sick. Breathing exercises when trying to fall asleep help me.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I would freak out if I had dreams like some of you describe.
    I do remember one time, I was trying to defend against someone shooting at us, and when I tried to return fire, the trigger wouldn't pull. What's the meaning of that?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm glad I found this thread. It explains a lot I didn't realize. My wife started placing a small M tab in my nightly meds just about last Friday, I think. That night or the next I woke up screaming. Really, I was screaming and she woke me. I had vividly dreamed I had somehow caused a young child to fall off the roof of a church. She hit the cement below and her head smashed like a watermelon. I never have dreams like that. The last several nights have not been much different as far as the dreams go. I can hardly stay awake yesterday and today. I'm not taking any more.
    What dose? Try 2mg or below. I quarter a 10mg tab with a pill cutter. Drowsiness after the fact means one of two things:

Too high of a dose.
    She is only TELLING you its melatonin. Its really arsenic and she is slowly killing you. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What dose? Try 2mg or below. I quarter a 10mg tab with a pill cutter. Drowsiness after the fact means one of two things:

Too high of a dose.
    She is only TELLING you its melatonin. Its really arsenic and she is slowly killing you. :):
    Why are you buying 10 mg. pills? They make them in 1 mg., 3 mg, 5 mg., etc.. :scratch:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why are you buying 10 mg. pills? They make them in 1 mg., 3 mg, 5 mg., etc.. :scratch:
    My stores start at 10mg. No less (reliably) And I pay the same for a bottle of 10s as I would for any smaller dose.

Pill cutters are cheap and easy.

So in the end my cost ends up 1/4 what it would be for the “correct “ dose.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would freak out if I had dreams like some of you describe.
    I do remember one time, I was trying to defend against someone shooting at us, and when I tried to return fire, the trigger wouldn't pull. What's the meaning of that?

Usually means one is concerned with their level of preparedness, maybe lack of range time, etc, from some things I have read. This can go for any type of "failure" type of dream.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Usually means one is concerned with their level of preparedness, maybe lack of range time, etc, from some things I have read. This can go for any type of "failure" type of dream.
    I will agree, I should get more range time. Shouldn't we all?

I had the sights on target, and verified beyond the target, but the trigger wouldn't pull.
    Your explanation makes sense, but I've also been told it could be sub-consciously, my reluctance to take a life.
    Even after telling yourself over and over, it's you or them (or however one would state it), could every person actually follow through?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Your explanation makes sense, but I've also been told it could be sub-consciously, my reluctance to take a life.
    I could see that. I'd still extrapolate that to preparedness, in this case mental preparedness to do what is/may be necessary.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have very vivid, convoluted dreams naturally. I’ve tried melatonin but I seem to wake up after a couple hours sleep and can’t get back to sleep. Benadryl works sometimes but I usually have a mild hangover the next day. A little red wine seems to work the best for me but I rarely do that because I like the more expensive wines and hate to open a bottle for 1/2 glass.
    I worked 12 hour nights for years so I think I’m destined to sleep in 2-3 hour spurts and short naps during the day.

Top Bottom