• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have motorcycled a lot of miles through Kentucky and southern Indiana over the years. I think you will enjoy the route you have outlined here. Stay off the interstate and away from the cities and it's hard to go wrong.
    Yeah, I'm taking the back roads, more to see and slower.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I think I'm close to finding a weekend trip. We have always wanted to visit the Creation Museum so we could take
    US-52 down towards Cincinnati, Ohio and get on I-275 S. to the museum, it's not far, then go west and pick up
    US-421 into Kentucky then route 50 west to route 62 to US-421and 421 to Madison, In. then south on 421 to Frankfort, KY then west on 60 to Shelbyville, KY. Then north on route 55 north until you pick up US-421 north and back home.

I think I got that right. I'll have to zero in on it and make sure. We could get a room in Frankfort or Shelbyville, KY. for the night.
    If you havent been yet, I would check out the Ark Encounter after the Creation Museum.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I love these type of trips. Mine are usually goal oriented. I’m a big fan of craft beer and breweries so I try to focus on which one or ones I want to visit. Maybe there is a certain food you crave, or bourbon…etc.
    Do a circle tour around Lake Michigan? Bourbon Trail through Kentucky? There is the Catawba Island in Ohio? You get the picture. Pick your passion and drive.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The Adena/Hopewell museum and mounds in Chillicothe Ohio has been on our radar for a while now. They also have a Techumsa (sp?)
    Play at an outside ampetheatre. There is a pretty cool looking hotel, a castle as I recall and each room has a theme... Shakespeare, the dungeon, etc.

Top Bottom