• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    While protesting, wearing a mask will get you arrested in the nation's capitol. Land of the free indeed.

What constitutes a protest? Holding signs? Having words written on a shirt? Standing outside of a business handing out fliers regarding their business practices? Dressing like Uncle Sam outside of the courthouse?

Protesting is the heart of freedom of speech. It must be protected regardless of the attire. Think anyone will take a principled stand and refuse to enforce an unconstitutional law?

Mask-wearing protestors in D.C. can now be arrested

pd1239198.jpg

An enemy of the state

20080210-d0222.jpg

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Police can be called, Cheh said, but they don't always have the legal grounds to arrest the protesters.

This, I think is the most troubling. Don't like the fact that you have no legal standing to arrest someone? Get a new law on the books so that you can arrest a person for not advising you that they're about to exercise their 1st Amendment right.

What else do you expect? This IS the nation's capital.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I don't care, wanna know why? I made a conscious decision not too long ago. I decided that any law, rule, ordinance, etc...that is not in strict adherence to the COTUS does NOT apply to me as an American citizen. This is MY country and MY Constitution. I will defend them both by any and all means that I deem necessary. If this is the only actual recourse I have then it is what I will utilize. Catch me if you can, martyr me if you will.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You shouldn't be arrested for simply protesting with a mask on.
    BUT if you have to hide your face, you don't strike me as somebody having the courage of your convictions, and you're not very convincing to me.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    sometimes a mask is worn not to shield yourself from being associated with a cause, but to show that anyone could be behind the mask. like in V for Vendetta and.....and...... and......... and................. and......................and............................ I'll find one......... lemme get back to you guys.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    There are more than a few states that have laws prohibiting the wearing of masks in public. Most of these laws were passed in the 1950's and 1960's and were aimed at the Ku Klux Klan.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There are more than a few states that have laws prohibiting the wearing of masks in public. Most of these laws were passed in the 1950's and 1960's and were aimed at the Ku Klux Klan.

I can't imagine that these laws ever saved a life. If you are going to beat up a guy or burn his house down, I'm sure the mask law isn't even registering in your head. Once again, this law will only affect innocent people. Anyone who is really out to commit violence is still going to wear a mask if they want to. And in the mean time, another freedom down the drain and more control over silly things is achieved.

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Some of the people at, The Boston Tea Party incident, discised themselfs as Indians. Lacking conviction to there cause or not wishing to be draged from there homes and executed by his magesties men.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Some of the people at, The Boston Tea Party incident, discised themselfs as Indians. Lacking conviction to there cause or not wishing to be draged from there homes and executed by his magesties men.
    Does the present US government make this standard practice for those who protest it in Washington, DC?

When it's shown that by simply protesting something in the USA in the present time you will be dragged from your home and executed, I'll consider that wearing a mask might be prudent.

For example, when I was at IU Bloomington in the 1970's and Iranian students would protest THEIR government with paper sacks over their heads because the Shah would identify them, and punish their families back home.
    A case could be made THEY were justified.
    But an American protesting our government and needing to wear a mask isn't justified.....Yet.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Of course, the law won't apply to everyone. . .

aa-SWAT-team.jpg

This actually is a legitimate concern.
    A while back, I read that law enforcement will tend to abuse their power more when they can wear a mask and have their identity hidden.
    In fact, it's somewhat human nature in general.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Does the present US government make this standard practice for those who protest it in Washington, DC?

When it's shown that by simply protesting something in the USA in the present time you will be dragged from your home and executed, I'll consider that wearing a mask might be prudent.

For example, when I was at IU Bloomington in the 1970's and Iranian students would protest THEIR government with paper sacks over their heads because the Shah would identify them, and punish their families back home.
    A case could be made THEY were justified.
    But an American protesting our government isn't justified.....Yet.

Its not time to protest yet??? Good grief, not only should we be protesting now, but it was time to protest when our Grandparents were witnessing the unconstitutional growth of government. Now it is time to prepare for an unavoidable economic disaster.

And what of the "terrorism watch list" aka the list of government dissenters? I think it is a valid concern to not want to be identified in public.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Its not time to protest yet??? Good grief, not only should we be protesting now, but it was time to protest when our Grandparents were witnessing the unconstitutional growth of government. Now it is time to prepare for an unavoidable economic disaster.

And what of the "terrorism watch list" aka the list of government dissenters? I think it is a valid concern to not want to be identified in public.

I DIDN'T say it's not time to protest yet.
    I said that by protesting, the US government doesn't identify you and execute you....yet.
    Any protest I engage in will be WITHOUT a mask on.
    I re-read my post and guess I wasn't clear on that point, so I edited it to make that point clear.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Face recognition technology doesn't work on masks, hence the law. There's no other plausible reason that I can think of. Protesters are begin data mined, and this is proof IMO.

Top Bottom