• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Looking for a decent weapon light for my Tavor X95. Any recommendations? Thinking of keeping the price under $200 or so but all opinions are welcome

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Looking for a decent weapon light for my Tavor X95. Any recommendations? Thinking of keeping the price under $200 or so but all opinions are welcome

Disclaimer, I do not/have not ever owned a tavor.

However Ive got a surefire mini scout on my AR, If you can get a good mount for that it'd be my first recommendation, Would be a bit over your price range but in my opinion well worth it. Otherwise the new stream light rail mount lights would be a good alternative for a similar light.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm going to put a TLR1 HL on mine with a conversion for a the pressure switch to use the button on the handguard. Mine is not an x95, though. Youve got more flexibility because of the rail location.

I'm also going that route for light weight.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a TLR H1 on my Tavor and will be using it on my X95. No problem using the stock rotary switch (which straddles the trigger guard when mounted on a pistol).

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I had a TLR H1 on my Tavor and will be using it on my X95. No problem using the stock rotary switch (which straddles the trigger guard when mounted on a pistol).

I did pull the TRL 1 off my glock and on the x95 last night and it was not bad at all with the rotory switch. Mounted it on the left hand rail (I'm right handed) and was able to use the rotary switch with my left hand rather easily. I might just stick with that for now.

I do love the rail covers and would like to get a new one so I could cut it around where the light is mounted. Anyone know who sells new rail covers? Don't really want to cut up the one that came with it

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I'd call IWI US customer service. They'll find a way to get you one.

I called IWI customer service about buying an additional rail cover so I could cut one to make room for the weapon light while sill covering the resort of the rail. Without hesitation he asked me my address and said a new rail cover was on its way free of charge. Big +1 for IWI customer service.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I called IWI customer service about buying an additional rail cover so I could cut one to make room for the weapon light while sill covering the resort of the rail. Without hesitation he asked me my address and said a new rail cover was on its way free of charge. Big +1 for IWI customer service.

Nice! Yep, IWI Customer Service is great.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Anyone do much investigation of the aftermarket handguards with the spots for flashlights in them?

I have the extended Midwest Industries handguard with a SureFire Scout light inside (can't remember exact model). Works well for me.

X_Outside_3_zps9e04a45a.jpg

X_Light_On_1_zpsf4729b1f.jpg

Top Bottom