KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If NRA thinks they can just scrape the sh.t out of their bed, but not change the sheets, and the members should be happy snuggling up in it...NRA are the ones moving the goalposts.

Furthermore, a rudimentary logic lesson is in order. When someone says, "No money as long as Wayne is there," it does not follow that when Wayne is gone = ok to give money again. It is the common logical fallacy referred to as "Denying the Antecedent." To wit:

"If it rains (Antecedent), the driveway will be wet."

>>/>> "It _didn't_ rain, therefore, the driveway should be dry." (Doesn't follow - the neighbor's sprinkler could have kicked on).

Therefore, if someone said, "I won't give any money as long as Wayne is there," they are not committed to return support just because he's gone. They have merely identified one condition under which they will deny support. It does not rule out the existence of others.
    Yeah I'm really not sure what you just posted.

I will say that we need a strong NRA supporting our 2A rights. Ask any anti to name who they hate... yeah it'll be the NRA.

I don't know where the actual **** you were during the fight for Constitutional Carry in Indiana... I know where I was. I know where the NRA-ILA Lobbyist was, I know a lot of the County Sheriffs who testified in support of ConC were rallied by my NRA-ILA POC.

I'm going to hit the post reply button before I blow a gasket.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If NRA thinks they can just scrape the sh.t out of their bed, but not change the sheets, and the members should be happy snuggling up in it...NRA are the ones moving the goalposts.

Furthermore, a rudimentary logic lesson is in order. When someone says, "No money as long as Wayne is there," it does not follow that when Wayne is gone = ok to give money again. It is the common logical fallacy referred to as "Denying the Antecedent." To wit:

"If it rains (Antecedent), the driveway will be wet."

>>/>> "It _didn't_ rain, therefore, the driveway should be dry." (Doesn't follow - the neighbor's sprinkler could have kicked on).

Therefore, if someone said, "I won't give any money as long as Wayne is there," they are not committed to return support just because he's gone. They have merely identified one condition under which they will deny support. It does not rule out the existence of others.
    WOW! As I said, moving the goal posts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Imo Wayne is a liberal who just used the nra to get rich while always bowing down to "compromise" for the left. **** him.
    And it is just that, an opinion. For all the BS and whining gun rights are better now than before WPL. I know correlation is not causation but the WPL timeline jibes with the positive changes in gun rights.

Why would the left take down WPL so viciously if he was just a grifting embezzler? Wouldn’t they compromise him to just hobble the organization if he was not effective?

1704517495153.gif

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    And it is just that, an opinion. For all the BS and whining gun rights are better now than before WPL. I know correlation is not causation but the WPL timeline jibes with the positive changes in gun rights.

Why would the left take down WPL so viciously if he was just a grifting embezzler? Wouldn’t they compromise him to just hobble the organization if he was not effective?

View attachment 323664
    Ok so where was their stance on the hearing protection act or the attempted bans on pistol braces and bump stocks?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

View attachment 323664
    All in all yes they are, But if we are going by NRA's local home court advantage, they have gone down the crapper in the last 40 years.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Now it is critical ALL you yahoo’s that have been spouting off for so many years to put your money where your mouth is. We need to fund the NRA to get back in the fight big time…
    That’s a great way to rally support. Insult the people you’re trying to bring on board… Genius!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s a great way to rally support. Insult the people you’re trying to bring on board… Genius!
    Meh, they are a lost cause. They have been bashing the NRA so long they will not be able to quit. Already are moving the goal post to support the organization to now they must make new bylaws and only if they hire the right leader on a Thursday when sunset is at 7:14 pm and the temperature is 57.3 degrees will they contribute to the NRA…

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meh, they are a lost cause. They have been bashing the NRA so long they will not be able to quit. Already are moving the goal post to support the organization to now they must make new bylaws and only if they hire the right leader on a Thursday when sunset is at 7:14 pm and the temperature is 57.3 degrees will they contribute to the NRA…
    I went to the registration desk at NRAAM last April in Indy to get my Life Member ribbon and I told them I wouldn’t get the next ribbon until they got rid of LaPierre and cleaned up their act. And I meant it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And that is the NRA’s fault?
    Well, maybe if they would have actually showed up at the statehouses along with that lobbyist thing; votes might have gone a different way. It just sucks when one can take off a few days of work and do your 3 min of podium time at the Statehouse and the organization you are a LIfe Member of and donate money to every year is just a no show.
    It just must be to far of a drive into DC or around the DC beltway to Marylands Statehouse.
    Its one thing to give a good fight and loose, but for the most part, NRA's a no show where I'm from.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've never stopped donating money each year to the NRA, I was given my Life Membership as a kid in JHS.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, maybe if they would have actually showed up at the statehouses along with that lobbyist thing; votes might have gone a different way. It just sucks when one can take off a few days of work and do your 3 min of podium time at the Statehouse and the organization you are a LIfe Member of and donate money to every year is just a no show.
    It just must be to far of a drive into DC or around the DC beltway to Marylands Statehouse.
    Its one thing to give a good fight and loose, but for the most part, NRA's a no show where I'm from.
    If true that sucks. My long term understanding is that is not the case here.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I kinda got bashed on INGO over my dislike of Pepe Larue.

A number of NRA supporters are like cult members you don’t criticize the great leader. Pepe got caught with his hand in the cookie jar not health issues. Three of the inner circle are going to pay MILLIONS back to the NRA.

Pepe diverted millions of dollars away from the group’s charitable mission for his personal use of private jets, expensive meals, travel consultants, private security, and trips to the Bahamas for him and his family and on and on.

BTW The NRA is a non profit organization and Pepe’s Salary is over Five MILLION a year. Gotta pay them dues brother it’s going to a good cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom