Not open for further replies.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Doesn't change the fact that the NRA hasn't been aggressive enough to make a good fight on a number of different issues.
    And I don't hang out at the statehouse!
    As a Maryland man, very few times in the past 35 years did anyone from the NRA cross the Potomac River to Maryland's Statehouse much less Virginia's Statehouse and speak for what the members want. Eighty plus guns banned from transfer in MD, Handgun qualification card, 7 day wait on regulated firearms, may issue CC Permits and on and on and very little from the NRA.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    It’s about time!! So glad to hear this. As others have said here…I’ll proceed cautiously before financially supporting the NRA again. Let’s see where they go from here.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think they both exist to protect our 2nd amendment
    I believe they each target that in different ways and that is good that we have the NRA for legislative support and GOA for legal support. Go read some mainstream news. They sure have a different take than what is expressed here. They believe the NRA responsible for literally changing the definition of the second. They also are doing victory laps that they killed the NRA.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Do they really have the same mission or charter? The NRA is mainly legislative more than legal as I see it…
    The Legislative Branch of the NRA hasn't been around all that long.
    In 1975, it began to focus more on politics and established its lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA), with Carter as director.

They do a much better job at running matches, score keeping, education and things of that nature.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Things That Are Critically Important:
    Changing the By-laws to prevent another Wayne.

Things That Are Interesting, But Not Critically Important:
    "Who" the NRA gets.
    How good their 2A rhetoric is.
    What branch of the military they served in.
    What they fought for in the past.
    Who they went hunting with.
    The time you had lunch with them at a Gun Show in (insert town name here).
    Etc.
    etc.
    &c.
    &c.

If they don't change the Bylaws, it's just a matter of time until the swamp turns the next person into another Wayne. He lined his pockets for literally years, before a blue state AG lawsuit showed the rest of the world what he was up to.

This can never be allowed to happen again.

Withhold your money until they change the Bylaws.

Do you really think the Board is smart enough not to get cucked again?

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Is this the last NRA bashing thread on INGO? I sure hope so.
    No. We remember this betrayal literally forever, and criticize them until they make it impossible to happen again. Charlton Heston is dead. Get your heads out of the ground.

The Bylaws need to be ironclad against another fiefdom like this one being created. Then, and only then, does the criticism stop.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Things That Are Critically Important:
    Changing the By-laws to prevent another Wayne.

Things That Are Interesting, But Not Critically Important:
    "Who" the NRA gets.
    How good their 2A rhetoric is.
    What branch of the military they served in.
    What they fought for in the past.
    Who they went hunting with.
    The time you had lunch with them at a Gun Show in (insert town name here).
    Etc.
    etc.
    &c.
    &c.

If they don't change the Bylaws, it's just a matter of time until the swamp turns the next person into another Wayne. He lined his pockets for literally years, before a blue state AG lawsuit showed the rest of the world what he was up to.

This can never be allowed to happen again.

Withhold your money until they change the Bylaws.

Do you really think the Board is smart enough not to get cucked again?
    We can say Cucked here?

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    The NRA was organized in 1871 to promote marksmanship. Their focus remained there, sponsoring competitive shooting and adding firearm safety and marksmanship training programs taught by local members who became instructors. They began the first organized hunter education programs, discontinuing them after all 50 states eventually started their own.
    They did not become political after the 1934 NFA passed or after the GCA of 1968 passed. At the Cincinnati annual meeting in the early 1970's a membership revolt installed new leadership and in 1975 the legislative branch was formed to combat antigun legislation. Unfortunately a promising start did not result in the desired result as a go along to get along mentality took over and things went downhill, leading to greed and malfeasance. I have seen a steady decline in the NRA programs that were originally its foundation. Both the competition division and the education and training division have suffered greatly due to their budgets decreasing. When I first became a life member in the early 1980s, I received an annual report disclosing the financial state of the NRA. That ended around the time Wayne LaPierre became executive vice president. The last 20 years of his "leadership" have been disgusting to me.
    I hope for positive change, but realistically other organizations have been doing a much better job fighting for our rights. Perhaps it is time for the NRA to go back to its roots and leave the battle for the 2nd Amendment to those who are just better at it and who don't treat the fight simply as a funding generator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom