• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wayne is and was a K street lobbyist. Expensive suits and fancy restaurants in dc, if you figure that's the way to get the laws you want then they hired the right guy. Problem was he did not represent the broad cross section of the people he was supposed to be working for. His brand, for lack of a better term, was as mismatched as Dylan Mulvaney's.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With that said, let's see who is next. Lean, mean, and apologetically in support of the 2nd Amendment is where we need to be.

Might as well be somebody the antis already hate. Mother Theresa would be worse than Hitler if named to that job.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Statehouse isn't the same as the courthouse.
    Where GOA has made some inroads
    Separation of powers, I get that. Courthouse reviews the laws, Statehouse writes the laws...

I am a volunteer with the NRA Institute for LEGISLATIVE Action after all.

This is where I mention Heller, McDonald, and Bruen. Suing Illinois, NJ, Maryland...

We need to mass the forces. There's a lot of gun owners but this is like herding cats.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Hallelujah!!!!

Now, if the Board is as dirty as some of us suspect, will there be an exodus of the rats abandoning the ship if they don't think Wayne will be there to cover for them?

It will be interesting to watch the maneuvering for Wayne's seat. If it is another lobbyist, then the NRA may well be done. I know my money has went to the ISRPA and the 2A Project for quite some time. My minimum criteria was to rid the NRA of Wayne and the most suspect Board members and get a non-lobbyist at the top to renew past my current NRA expiration date.

Last edited:

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I'm not optimistic. The BOD re-elected him almost unanimously less than two years ago.
    The same people will be naming his replacement. I doubt the gravy will stop flowing.

NRA Press Release after the last election:
    "LaPierre received almost unanimous support over Lt. Col. Allen West, who launched a takeover campaign of the Association in the weeks leading up to the meeting. Lt. Col West received only one vote. As important, the board vote was preceded by a resolution overwhelmingly passed by NRA members on May 29, 2022 that declared support — past, present and future — for LaPierre."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would guess that Wayne represented more of the membership than we would like To believe. There are a lot of big money members that probably aren’t down with some guns that most of us here like and support. We used to have them here on the INGO but they got run off.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I'm not optimistic. The BOD re-elected him almost unanimously less than two years ago.
    The same people will be naming his replacement. I doubt the gravy will stop flowing.

NRA Press Release after the last election:
    "LaPierre received almost unanimous support over Lt. Col. Allen West, who launched a takeover campaign of the Association in the weeks leading up to the meeting. Lt. Col West received only one vote. As important, the board vote was preceded by a resolution overwhelmingly passed by NRA members on May 29, 2022 that declared support — past, present and future — for LaPierre."

True...the entire nest needs cleaned out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom