Way to go senator ( soon to be Governor) Braun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    They did? How did they do that?
    Easy every year, they do a reassessment. My taxes have over doubled in the 6 years i have been where I am. I always File appeal and they always threaten they need to come into my house, but i refuse to let them. They're freaking republican too, but they act like they're damn communists

Last edited:

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    True but that is not the reality we must deal with.
    Prime example here I bought the house in 2017 for 225k they acessed it in January of 2018 at 326k. I appealed and won but they only reduced it to 222k. Then in 2019 they accessed it at 332k, next year at 368k and so on...... i appeal every year!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Easy every year, they do a reassessment. My taxes have over doubled in the 6 years i have been where I am. I always File appeal and they always threaten they need to come into my house, but i refuse to let them. They're freaking republican too, but they act like they're damn communists
    Well unless you have junk your value also doubled or more in that time. So your taxes did not change, the value did. So did everyone else…

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Well unless you have junk your value also doubled or more in that time. So your taxes did not change, the value did. So did everyone else…
    Also we had school referendums which i am totally ok with but they expired then were made permanent. Anyway im ranting im running out of horses
    :horse:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Associated Press called the race for Braun at 7 p.m. Eastern when all the polls closed statewide. Braun received 39.5% of the votes with 35% of the votes counted. Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch followed with 21.9%, while former state Commerce Secretary Brad Chambers received 17.1%, businessman Eric Doden came in at 13.2%, while conservative activist Jamie Reitenour hovered at 4.4% and former state Attorney General Curtis Hill came in with 3.9% of votes counted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Associated Press called the race for Braun at 7 p.m. Eastern when all the polls closed statewide. Braun received 39.5% of the votes with 35% of the votes counted. Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch followed with 21.9%, while former state Commerce Secretary Brad Chambers received 17.1%, businessman Eric Doden came in at 13.2%, while conservative activist Jamie Reitenour hovered at 4.4% and former state Attorney General Curtis Hill came in with 3.9% of votes counted.

This seemed inevitable. I didn’t vote for him today. I am glad Ms Red Glasses didn’t win.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Crouch may have had a chance if she had a plan in mind instead of just saying she was in favor of eliminating the state income tax. Just saying it and not having a plan to replace the money from somewhere else just showed there was no plan at all just a talking point.

Braun now needs to come up with a plan to cut gas taxes (i think we are the highest in the nation), cut or lower the property tax, or the state income tax.
    The lottery money needs to be allocated differently as well.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Prime example here I bought the house in 2017 for 225k they acessed it in January of 2018 at 326k. I appealed and won but they only reduced it to 222k. Then in 2019 they accessed it at 332k, next year at 368k and so on...... i appeal every year!
    Message me about doing that if you would..

Top Bottom