Was this okay? possible child abduction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Yesterday I heard a story about a woman walking with her kid on a trail. She passed a man who was kind of creepy. She kept going. The trail was blocked and she had to turn back. She saw the guy again and he made some mention of her kid. He then lunged at the kid but she got away. She ran to a church that was closed. She called the police and they told her to get in her car and lock the door and drive to McDonald's where they were. She didn't want to go to her car as her car was at home and she was afraid the guy would follow her home. The police met her there and took down her story. They went into the nearest place where the incident occurred and took a quick look around. Didn't see anyone that fit the description. They then told her they notified everyone in the business about it and she should apply for her carry permit. Later on it was found the people in the business were never spoken to by the police officer and had no knowledge of it. They all found out through other means. Is this proper procedure for police? Just tell the woman to get a permit and not tell people about the incident? I'm sorry so cryptic in this story. Just wondering.

Jason

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's a third party he said/she said. Probably some truth in there somewhere but I'd take it with a grain of salt. Knowing several cops personally I can tell you they take child endangerment/pervert stories VERY serious. Not saying they carve a notch in the butt of their pistol when they catch one or anything like that.

Not saying they don't either.:chuck:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They then told her they notified everyone in the business about it and she should apply for her carry permit. Later on it was found the people in the business were never spoken to by the police officer and had no knowledge of it. They all found out through other means. Is this proper procedure for police? Just tell the woman to get a permit and not tell people about the incident? I'm sorry so cryptic in this story. Just wondering.

Jason

I've had businesses robbed at gunpoint on day shift and the night shift manager didn't know it happened, so take that for what it's worth. And, yes, we aren't the town crier. We'll generally canvas for witnesses and if a pattern emerges talk to potential witnesses.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The book of faces has been saturated with exaggerated stories of "attempted abductions". Not saying this is what happened here, but it is happening a lot lately. I read about a police chief making a post because people in the community were spreading reports of an organized crime unit attempting to steal women out of walmart for human trafficking. It was all false.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The book of faces has been saturated with exaggerated stories of "attempted abductions". Not saying this is what happened here, but it is happening a lot lately. I read about a police chief making a post because people in the community were spreading reports of an organized crime unit attempting to steal women out of walmart for human trafficking. It was all false.
    Having seen the women in the "people of Walmart" photos, I would hope it was false! :):

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I experienced some strangeness myself with my son a few weeks ago at Burkhart creek park. There was a man and a woman following my son and I around the park. They kept randomly talking to us and I caught the man taking pictures of us. We got back to ouyr car and left. Very strange.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ...reports of an organized crime unit attempting to steal women out of walmart for human trafficking. It was all false.

Having seen the women in the "people of Walmart" photos, I would hope it was false! :):

CHS-1846-fat-people-are-harder-to-kidnap-sticker-680x500.jpg

7sUqWmw.jpg

Top Bottom