• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Here is Mike's pic when he graduated the academy.
    dino4.gif

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Story time!

My buddy, girlfriend, and I were going back to my buddies house to drop him off after going to the batting cages for some practice. We were about 2 miles from his house when I notice a car similar to a LEO's in the right lane about an 1/8 mile up from me, stopped at the red light. The speed limit is 40 on this road and I saw the light was going green for us so I just slowed down some. It changed and I passed the car which is when I noticed it was a Howard County EMA car. He then switches lanes to get behind me and starts to get closer to me and then would back off, then do the same thing again. I was doing 45 the whole time this was going on and there were no other cars near us.

We get closer to my buddies house which is right off the road where he is following me. I switch lanes using my signal, turn, then turn onto my friends road, and park my car in front of his house. I then notice he comes around the corner and parks his car in the middle of the road about 75 yards behind me. I get out and am OC'ing my XDm 40. My friend and I get out of my car and go to the trunk to get our batting equipment out and take it in. He then pulls up to me and tells me that he is warning me to slow down next time. I asked how fast I was going and he replied 50 and maybe a little over. I asked how he could prove that and he replied that is what it showed on his speedometer when he was following me and that is guaranteed to be accurate by the city because they have them "regulated" (in his words) each month. I then asked how he was going to issue me a citation without any police powers and he said he could call KPD and they would write me one based on what he observed. I know I wasn't doing 50 or over and I have two other witnesses who were with me. I then told him to go ahead and call and he said he would let this go with a verbal warning. I then looked at him and told him he needed to stop lying and harassing me and to have a good night.

All this happened within about 5-7 minutes after I passed him. The only mistake I made was not asking his name. I do know the EMA director for Howard County and thought about filing a complaint. There was no need to follow us, tailgate us, wait behind us, and then drive up and start harassing us.

What would you guys do in this situation?

Make a mental note of it, (who, what, where, when) and then IGNORE IT until or if something else suspicious comes up that seems to fit in.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This reminds me of something that happened back in the 1980's.

A friend of mine was driving on I-465 (55 speed limit) behind an off duty Marion County Reserve Deputy Sheriff who had his family in the car doing 65mph.

The off duty Reserve Deputy pulled my friend over and gave him a speeding ticket for going 65 in a 55 zone.

Little did this Reserve Deputy know that my friend's dad was a Marion County Deputy Sheriff.. LOL

My friend told his dad about this and my friend's dad confronted this
    Reserve Deputy about giving his son a ticket for going 65 in a 55 zone, when he himself was off duty going 65 himself.

The Reserve Deputy cockily replied "he was running with me doing 65 and it p*ssed me off, so I ticketed him..."

My friend's dad told him that as an off duty Reserve Deputy, he was ALSO REQUIRED to follow all speed limits.
    AND that if he was going to insist on giving his son a ticket, that he was going to ticket him for ALSO driving above the speed limit.

After hearing this, the Reserve Deputy decided to not pursue this...LOL

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Just talked with the EMA director about the incident. The best he said he could do would be to talk to his employees about it and ask around, but he said unfortunately, he doesn't think the truth will come out. He said if I had any other information to just call him on his personal phone and we could talk about it.

After that, I talked to my aunt who works for the Sheriff's Department and she asked if I could describe him to her. I did and she said she has a good idea of who it is. I am going to call back with the guys name and see if I can't find a picture.

The funny thing is, when I was filing the report last night, the Sgt. called over to EMA and asked if *** was working. I never thought anything about it until my aunt gave me the same name the Sgt. asked for over the phone. My aunt said he has a bad reputation with the local LEO's and not many people get along with him.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just talked with the EMA director about the incident. The best he said he could do would be to talk to his employees about it and ask around, but he said unfortunately, he doesn't think the truth will come out. He said if I had any other information to just call him on his personal phone and we could talk about it.

After that, I talked to my aunt who works for the Sheriff's Department and she asked if I could describe him to her. I did and she said she has a good idea of who it is. I am going to call back with the guys name and see if I can't find a picture.

The funny thing is, when I was filing the report last night, the Sgt. called over to EMA and asked if *** was working. I never thought anything about it until my aunt gave me the same name the Sgt. asked for over the phone. My aunt said he has a bad reputation with the local LEO's and not many people get along with him.

Now that you have an idea of the name... Google is your friend. Facebook is your friend, too. That'd help confirm, anyhow.

-J-

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Stay on it!

Top Bottom