• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Just returned from the station. The Sgt. I spoke with is good friends also with the EMA director and is going to call him tomorrow while he is at work about it. She said she will then get the rest of it taken care of and let me know.

As of now, the EMA individual was not on duty that we know of (never signed on) but was in uniform, even though he is not working. She also has an idea of who it may be so that helps me a little.

On a side note, I found out that I am related to the Sgt. I spoke with. Although it is a distant relation, I find that as I get older (just had my 22nd birthday last friday) the World seems to get smaller and smaller.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    They didn't exist when I was Active Duty. :(
    I'd have given them a years supply of the cool sunglasses just for taking all of the crappy Traffic Direction and Parade details. ;)

Amen to that :rockwoot:Those guys really do a thankless job. They are often taken for granted by cops and looked down on as wannabe cops by the general public. The EMA near me is made up of mostly retired cops and military as well as a few guys who have always wanted to help people but, found far more lucrative full time careers.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Just returned from the station. The Sgt. I spoke with is good friends also with the EMA director and is going to call him tomorrow while he is at work about it. She said she will then get the rest of it taken care of and let me know.

As of now, the EMA individual was not on duty that we know of (never signed on) but was in uniform, even though he is not working. She also has an idea of who it may be so that helps me a little.

On a side note, I found out that I am related to the Sgt. I spoke with. Although it is a distant relation, I find that as I get older (just had my 22nd birthday last friday) the World seems to get smaller and smaller.
    +1 for following up! sounds like the person is on a power trip and we do not need those kind of people in public service. being a go getter and a power tripper are two different things.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m originally from Kokomo and this is not the first time I’ve heard of Howard County EMA following cars or performing traffic stops.

The county/city gives these guys cars with light bars and the privilege of traffic control during large incidents and these guys think they are automatically cops. :n00b:

When they do their job as they are directed they serve a purpose. Unfortunately, that is also going to attract some mall ninjas that are just looking for a power/authority trip.

http://www.co.howard.in.us/ema/policeDept.htm

Good job on following through with KPD.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    There's always that one person that is there for the wrong reason. Our local Volunteer Fire Dept., of which my son is a member, has about 30 members. They had one of those guys for a while. Drove around in his S10 with 20 fire extinguishers in the back, blue lights top to bottom, bunker gear hanging in rear window. He finally got let go, and threatened with arrest, for...............drumroll please...........using his blue light to pull people over for speeding. Yep. There's one in every crowd.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Great job for following up! Being in uniform off-duty is a big no-no. Hopefully he is held accountable.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP, your job today should be to contact the EMA and file a similar complaint.

Also, with your trip to the KPD, was there actual paperwork involved? Or just an oral report to the PD who then said they'd call EMA?

Get actual paperwork started!!!

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I wonder if he is related to the pretend cop that was pulling people over last year in Kokomo.

LOL...... that's what I was thinking.

I knew that guy, he had been in my shop getting some work
    done at one time and seemed like a normal person.
    I never got the vibe or any indication that he was like that. :dunno:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    That's because they get to wear the cool mirrored sunglasses
    v46193_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    To answer a few of the questions.

Paperwork was started at the station. She said she would call me when it was completed so she could include the guys name in the report.

EMA will be contacted today after I hear from the Sgt. and I get a name. What sucks is there were two others with me and we could only give a vague description of the guy. I know if I saw him again I
    would recognize him as would my girlfriend.

Also, I was not OC'ing at the cages. I left it in my car locked up and parked where my car would be able to be seen by us while practicing. When we returned to the car, I reholstered and then the accident took place about 5 minutes after that.

One other thing. I live in the county while my friend lives in the city. I first called the sherriff's department and talked to dispatch who was talking to another officer nearby. When I told him about the problem, he relayed it to the officer and they both agreed that I needed to file a complaint/report. However, the incident took place
    in the city so I needed to call KPD. When I contacted them, she was appalled that they would do something like that. The Sgt. was also in a state of a confusion because she said that is not what we have EMA for.

Top Bottom