Was 2013 A Good or Bad Year for Your Handgun Collection.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I would say it was a pretty good year. I'm not 100% sure on the numbers. I think I had around 12 handguns to start the year with, and now I know I have 19. That's counting the 2 I bought for my wife. I think I bought 9 new handguns and sold 2. My main carry weopon is a CM9. It was an LCP, but right now I have one of my Hi-Powers on my hip. Nice and comfy with this Bianchi holster.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I started the thread but couldn't remember for myself. Had to go home and check the gun book. I was a little surprised. The CZ 75 pre-B I just bought online is purchase number 12 for the year. It appears that I sold 10 this year so that is a net gain of two.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    This year was a good year for me. Picked up 3 new pistols. All considered to be EDC. Glock 19, Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm, and a Ruger LCP. LCP is always with me in a pocket holster. Either the Shield or G19 come as well. Choice between the two depends on what I wear.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I started the thread but couldn't remember for myself. Had to go home and check the gun book. I was a little surprised. The CZ 75 pre-B I just bought online is purchase number 12 for the year. It appears that I sold 10 this year so that is a net gain of two.

You keep a book on your transactions? That is an interesting idea. I often have a hard time remembering how much I bought a gun for when I start to think about selling it.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    You keep a book on your transactions? That is an interesting idea. I often have a hard time remembering how much I bought a gun for when I start to think about selling it.

My grandpa and I keep an inventory; purchase price, model and serial number and sale price if and when we sell it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I have a list of every handgun I have ever purchased. I didn't buy my first until June of 11' so it isn't all that. I don't record where I got it or to whom I sold. Just the date of purchase/sale and serial numbers. I don't record the price I paid so I won't have to look back and see how stupid I am sometimes. I really don't require any reminders.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I always remember paying less than I sold it for :)
    and most importantly, convince the wife of that as well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I always remember paying less than I sold it for :)
    and most importantly, convince the wife of that as well.
    I don't have one of those anymore. That's why I've already bought, and for the most part sold, over 70 handguns in such a short time. But now I am mo smarter...and very poor. ;)

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    2013 was a great year for me. I bought/sold/traded probably 10 guns.

Guns I currently have from 2013:
    1. Colt 70 Series
    2. Fusion Pro Series built by AllenM
    3. S&W 686-8 4 inch barrel
    4. Ruger Security Six 4 inch barrel

Guns I sold or traded in 2013:
    1. Colt Lightweight Defender
    2. Colt Lightweight Commander
    3. Glock 21 Gen4
    4. Mossberg JIC II (not a handgun)
    5. Springfield XDS 45
    6. Taurus Model 85
    7. Marlin 1894 44mag (not a handgun)
    8. Glock 19

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    This year I discovered a couple of things: 1) I love revolvers; 2) I love NAA mini's. Switched my EDC to an LCR and my BUG to an NAA Pug. Added six handguns to the collection in total, and five of those have cylinders. So, overall, I would say it was a good year for me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bought 3 handguns, sold 1. Net 2. It was an organizational year. The one gun I departed with was just a fun gun (Bond Arms Derringer) Getting back to having a purpose for every firearm that I own. Of course i'll probably blow that right out of the water in '14 and buy something I don't really need again. Stuff happens.

Top Bottom