• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    But I shot it side by side with a Gen4 and the Gen4 was more accurate and I actually like the finger grooves of the Gen4.

I was also shocked at how much the mag well cut out in the front bothered me.

I must be a weirdo, guy at the range said no one is passing up a Gen5 for a Gen4 these days.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I must be a weirdo, guy at the range said no one is passing up a Gen5 for a Gen4 these days.

People usually want the newest model, whether or not the “improvements” actually make it a better choice for them. Enjoy liking the last gen and picking them as people unload for the new ones.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have a gen 4 g19 and had a gen5 g19. Notice i said HAD on the gen 5. I too prefer the gen 4 over the 5.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I never find good deals on used G19 gen4. Point Blank had a nice one for 479 I got them down to 450. I could get a new gen4 with ns for 560 so I’ll prob just do that.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Holding the glock is a priveledge. You should be honored to be holding such a magnificent piece of Austrian engineering

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have every gen of 19 from the gen2 up to the 19x and for me my favorites are the gen2, the gen5, and the 19x even thought it's a 17 size grip.
    Most accurate is deffinately the gen5 19 or the 19x. Trigger is best in the 19x.

If you are more accurate with the gen4 19 its because it fits you better. But the barrels used In the gen5 are superior to the gen4. This isnt a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact and specificity done so by GLOCK to improve the accuracy of their pistols without reducing reliability.

The cutout on the front of the grip is just the same as the gen2 which also has no finger grooves. I dont even notice it on my gen5 anymore.
    I'd have to sit down and think to figure out a close to actual round count in my primary gen4 and gen5 19's (not counting the 19x) but I know I have over 5k through the gen4 and if I havent hit 3k yet with my gen5 I'm close. Croy would probably have a closer idea than me because he has a better memory and we shoot together a lot, so his count will be close to the same as mine for the gen5

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have every gen of 19 from the gen2 up to the 19x and for me my favorites are the gen2, the gen5, and the 19x even thought it's a 17 size grip.
    Most accurate is deffinately the gen5 19 or the 19x. Trigger is best in the 19x.

If you are more accurate with the gen4 19 its because it fits you better. But the barrels used In the gen5 are superior to the gen4. This isnt a matter of opinion, it is a matter of fact and specificity done so by GLOCK to improve the accuracy of their pistols without reducing reliability.

The cutout on the front of the grip is just the same as the gen2 which also has no finger grooves. I dont even notice it on my gen5 anymore.
    I'd have to sit down and think to figure out a close to actual round count in my primary gen4 and gen5 19's (not counting the 19x) but I know I have over 5k through the gen4 and if I havent hit 3k yet with my gen5 I'm close. Croy would probably have a closer idea than me because he has a better memory and we shoot together a lot, so his count will be close to the same as mine for the gen5

He’a right. The Gen 5 barrels are hands down the most accurate of the entire Glock line, full stop. I have about 14K on mine, and during actual firing I don’t notice the cut out in the grip in the slightest.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Holding the glock is a priveledge. You should be honored to be holding such a magnificent piece of Austrian engineering

Put down the bottle you've had enough !!!!!! LOL

Handled a few G5's, not much difference from the G4 to me. The 19X does feel better in the hand then the G5's but I prefer the Smith M2.0's to them both. With that said my personal Glocks are all G4's.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I want to love the Gen 5 too, and I do. I just won’t be replacing my Gen 3’s anytime soon as I am sooo deep into them with spare parts. Most of you would puke, especially the 1911 guys if you knew just how many G19 Gen3’s I have salted throughout the countryside. Once I thought I would stop at a baker’s dozen, but then, this guy needed cash and had some G19’s and...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want to love the Gen 5 too, and I do. I just won’t be replacing my Gen 3’s anytime soon as I am sooo deep into them with spare parts. Most of you would puke, especially the 1911 guys if you knew just how many G19 Gen3’s I have salted throughout the countryside. Once I thought I would stop at a baker’s dozen, but then, this guy needed cash and had some G19’s and...
    Ha, cant pass up a good deal.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

hes-right-you-know.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Actually, holding the Glock is confusing. As in, "Why does this thing feel so weird compared to my other pistols?"

I still have a Gen 5 G19 and a Gen 3 G21. Not because I love them. But because they are kind of a standard. Same reason I own a cordless drill.

If I want to enjoy shooting, I take one of my pistols that actually feels like a pistol, instead of a universal shooting appliance.

Monte#2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    I agree with you 100%! I SO wanted to love the G5...not even sure why I cared to. But in the end, got rid of it to go back to a Gen 4. And better yet...still prefer my Gen 2 over any other!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    So far I'm liking my G17 gen 5 more than any other Glock I had in the past, mods so far Ghost edge connector, Dawson sights and undercur the trigger guard. I can shoot it quite well as it is right now and dont see myself changing anything else other than putting more rounds down range.

Top Bottom