Want to hunt a Woolly Mammoth? They could be back in 2 years.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    This will never work!

As large as these animals are the environment will never support it. I mean look at California they are already seeing the devastating effects of of large herds of cattle on the ozone layer. Once these things start to reproduce on their own with no natural predators the methane gasses produced will decimate the ozone layer raising the earths temperatures to a temp. that they cannot survive in.

This will leave us with two options.
    1: A mechanical capturing device attached to these large beasts to capture these gasses as they escape and bottle it to fuel new alternative vehicles we will call then the Toyota "Woolly Phoot".
    2: We will need to reintroduce a natural predator to keep the number in check....LONG LIVE THE SABER TOOTHED TIGER!!!!!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ....LONG LIVE THE SABER TOOTHED TIGER!!!!!

Careful what you ask for...

Based on a woman's age, this scale classifies women (who prey on younger men for their sexual appetite) as felines.

The scale is as follows:

Age 0-12: Housecat
    Age 13-17: Bobcat
    Age 18-21: Wildcat
    Age 22-29: Lynx
    Age 30-39: Puma
    Age 40-49: Cougar
    Age 50-59: Jaguar
    Age 60-68: Panther
    Age 69: *****cat
    Age 70-79: Cheetah
    Age 80-89: Leopard
    Age 90-99: Tiger
    Age 100+: SABER TOOTHED TIGER

467609.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We can still run them off of cliffs, right? I like my mammoth pre-tenderized.

The science behind this is amazing. The ethics, questionable.

And the third point, just why?

Prof Church, a guest speaker at the meeting, said the mammoth project had two goals - securing an alternative future for the endangered Asian elephant and helping to combat global warming.
    Woolly mammoths could help prevent tundra permafrost from melting and releasing huge amounts of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere.
    “They keep the tundra from thawing by punching through snow and allowing cold air to come in,” said Prof Church. “In the summer they knock down trees and help the grass grow.”

It seems like we could do these things without needing a mammoth to do it...

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I hope they do a T-Rex next.

Well, you have to split that budget with the development of self aware, almost indestructible robots... because, well you know, nothing ever goes wrong with either of those projects.

Now, mini/teacup wooly mammoths that were trained to use a litter box. I could get on board with that.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Hey, I got a great idea. Let's breed woolly mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, and other animals that would fit into the same eco-system on a lonely uninhabited island off Washington, and then make it into a theme park for rich folks. And then we could use selective DNA science to make super aggressive tigers so ultra rich hunters could come and high-fence hunt them. I really can't think of anything that could go wrong with this idea because I'm sure tidal waves or heavy storms will never cause the containment fences to fail while the theme park is at full capacity.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hey, I got a great idea. Let's breed woolly mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, and other animals that would fit into the same eco-system on a lonely uninhabited island off Washington, and then make it into a theme park for rich folks. And then we could use selective DNA science to make super aggressive tigers so ultra rich hunters could come and high-fence hunt them. I really can't think of anything that could go wrong with this idea because I'm sure tidal waves or heavy storms will never cause the containment fences to fail while the theme park is at full capacity.

Sounds like a great big weiner! !! Has anyone seen Rhino?

Top Bottom