• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1234steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    clark county
    i would like to stay .22 but right now im open to anything ...i love shooting iron sights.. i love the walther and i have shot hundreds of rounds but my groups don't seem to get any better. i have a 45 1911
    and i can overlap my shots at 30 feet with iron sights so i know its not just me.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    try different ammo? bulk pack .22 isnt known for its repeatibility.

My first concern is you say you want accuracy, and something for a secondary backup weapon. My first suggestion would have been a Ruger MKII or Browning Buckmark....... but I wouldn't want anything with as long barrel a barrel as those come with.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    As for .22's a browning buckmark with target barrel, is a 25 yard tac driver. It virtualy has no recoil, and is a very well made gun.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Just about anything in the Ruger Mark series should fit that bill. Mark 1, Mark2, Mark3, or Ruger standard. I prefer the four inch barrel but have had the six inch version and both were very accurate and would digest just about any kind of ammo, no matter how cheap.

1234steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    clark county
    the conversion kit would work really well. does anyone know if a company makes a match grade barrel for the p22? if not then someone needs to.:D

Last edited:

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    the conversion kit would work really well. does anyone know if a company makes a match grade barrel for the p22? if not the someone does.:D

I don't know of a match grade barrel for the P22. Perhaps you should consider the SP22...basically a target shooting oriented version of the P22.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I'm resurecting this older thread to ask some questions. I'm considering buying a P22 for target practice, letting the kids plink with it, and possibly using it for a BUG just for if i leave town overnight or whatever.

How bad is the accuracy on these with not only the 3.4" barrel but also the 5" Match Target barrel? I know these are mostly a training pistol and it will never be a primary or HD gun, just something fun to shoot after they ban the cheap ammo for my SKS and Baby Eagle. I'd LOVE to get a P99 but since the woman wants a P250 I'll just have to wait.

I don't know if I want to buy the P22 or save the money and trade my SKS plus cash for an AK or some other rifle. (if someone wants to make an offer of trade for my SKS I'm all ears)

guffey1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    New Castle IN
    Just about anything in the Ruger Mark series should fit that bill. Mark 1, Mark2, Mark3, or Ruger standard. I prefer the six inch barrel but have had the four inch version and both were very accurate and would digest just about any kind of ammo, no matter how cheap.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Another interesting twist might be to pick up a SIG-229 or SIG-226 and then buy a 22 caliber conversion kit. This way you would have a plinker that serves a double purpose. Purpose one; a cheap way to make you more proficient with your carry weapon, and purpose two; a better built and no doubt more accurate 22 caliber plinker that everybody would enjoy.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    with bulk pack .22s my P22 aint much but feed her stingers and the groups go down to 1'' or so at 15 to 20 yds. more than good enough for a back up if your fight goes on that long . :twocents:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    the conversion kit would work really well. does anyone know if a company makes a match grade barrel for the p22? if not then someone needs to.:D
    The factory sells them.They are longer than the standard barrel. There are p22 kits that have both the match barrel and a laser,but you can order just a barrel and drop it right in for 100 dollars or so.
    Also I have one of these with out a match barrel and love it. It is as accurate as I am :) Tons and tons of fun to shoot. I feed mine stinger CCI and it shoots it beautifully.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just got one!!! Accuracy isn't the best, but it is great for a plinker or for smaller kids. You want pinpoint accuracy, don't buy a p22. You want a fun gun and it fits well.

JakeJ277

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Yeah the Walther isn't a great target gun. Bought one for the girlfriend to keep in her purse since she is only 5' nothing. Not great on accuracy but good enough to get a creeper away from you. I agree with Clay. The buckmark is a fun gun and the grip feels very good. Easy to keep consistent hand/body position for better groups.

Top Bottom