• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Well, was hanging out at the gun shop this afternoon and was talking to the owner. He also suggested trying a hot round. He gave me 25 stingers (that was all he had) I had to go to Wally World and all they had in CCI was the Mini Mag. I picked up 200 rnds of it. Will these be an ok substitute for the stingers? The Federals I tried were the Spitfires, they are rated at 1500 fps. Thats pretty hot but they didn't work 100%. I have also got a box of PMC Zappers that I will try. I have been shooting 22's for years but this is the first time I have had to work on breaking a pistol in. Spoiled I guess. I am not giving up yet!!!!!:draw:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Stingers or minimags will be OK...

FWIW, my old P22 didn't like the lead "flat nose" ammunition when it was dirty. The guy I sold it to said that he didn't have any issues with it, though.

I bought mine used and shot mostly walmart bulk pack stuff through it with nary a problem, until, like I said, it got quite dirty.

-J-

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Well, I got home and took it apart again and really sprayed the the slide with CLP. I just wanted to make sure it was good and clean especially the extractor area. I will get to shoot it later this week and work on it more.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am a relative n00b here, but would something with more viscosity be better on the slide in this case? Such as Slide Glide, militec etc?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I run the Remy and Federal Bulk pack stuff through mine. the only problems I had was when I went directly from the gun show to the range without my range bag. shot it straight out of the box and had plenty of FTE and FTF. Took it home cleaned it up good and lubed it and its been a great little gun now for almost 3 years.

Top Bottom