• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Heard on WOWO this morning Kroger is also asking people to not carry in their stores.

I have a friend who works for Kroger and he carries everyday to work. :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So did they at least put all the ammo on clearance or are they still making sure they make a profit?

Not really. Have you been to Walmart recently? People of Walmart boobs out is not a good thing. they'd be tripping over them. (EDIT: or running over them with their scooters)

Now maybe Target or Whole Foods boobies? Better chance of enjoying that. :):
    And this just isn’t the women either. #manboobs :puke:

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Now Kroger has asked its customers not to open carry following the same announcement from Walmart.

Kroger has been on my personal s@&*% list for years now. They were a constant source of irritation for us when I lived in Ohio. OFCC and BFA fought with them about posting their stores. They would usually bow to pressure.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ha! Churchmouse is right I call it the Beach Grove Wal Mart, no cops at the door like the 1500, but plenty of OWB have I seen there on my commute north, on my way home to Hamilton County.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Agreed.

Write them. You can bet the gun grabbers are. It only takes a couple of minutes to turn up the heat so they might see the light.

https://corporate.walmart.com/store-corporate-feedback

Here's what I sent:

"Your newly-established policy of discontinuing sales of handgun and "short barreled rifle" ammunition, along with your discouragement of openly carrying firearms in your stores has led me to "discontinue" patronizing your stores. Put simply, I will go out of my way to pay more to deny Walmart revenue from purchases by me. And I will actively encourage every like-minded person I know to do the same."

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    As much fun as it seems to be to laugh and point at the rubes that shop at Wal Mart, I think ANY source of guns and ammo, especially at reasonable price point, it going to be missed if it is gone.

I would stop at WM for inexpensive ammo for a planned at the last minute trip to the range, and I'm sure lots of others did the same. As for getting such ammo at the LGS, nope, not paying those prices, which will probably go higher after this bit of news. Rural King is a bit of a drive.

I do buy ammo online. But anyone thinking that there aren't politicians plotting the end of online ammunition sales is wrong.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I sent them a nastygram discussing my displeasure with their policies. I also asked them if they will now discontinue sales of alcohol, tobacco, poisonous cleaning supplies, swimming pools, cell phones, and opioid drugs because those kill lots more people when used incorrectly.

I'm waiting on my boilerplate blow off response.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The request is to not OPEN CARRY in Kroger and Walmart, not CONCEALED CARRY.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...er-asks-customers-not-to-carry-guns-in-stores

Jessica Adelman, group vice president of corporate affairs for Kroger, told Reuters that the company is "respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers," even if open carry is permitted in the state.

People openly carrying rifles with battle gear on, into Walmart are probably an additional push here...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now Kroger has asked its customers not to open carry following the same announcement from Walmart.

Actually they did that a couple of years ago. So I OC at Aldi, and untuck my shirt when I go to Kroger. Sometimes I've forgotten, but nobody at Kroger ever said anything other than "Thank you and have a nice day."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At least rural king made a statement that they will continue to sell ammo, etc. nice if them to pick up the slack.

I (used to) stop in Walmart in Martinsville on the way to the range sometimes to pick up targets. I always forget there's a Rural King right by where I turn off 37 to go to the range. Looks like they'll be my new place to stop for targets. Or maybe I'll just order in bulk online.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    So very unfortunate. I thought when I originally read an article they didn’t want people OPEN carrying? Their store their rules I guess. I’ll just go elsewhere.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So very unfortunate. I thought when I originally read an article they didn’t want people OPEN carrying? Their store their rules I guess. I’ll just go elsewhere.
    You were originally correct so go back to that interpretation. Here is that portion of the actual statement.

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.
    We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates. As it relates to concealed carry by customers with permits, there is no change to our policy or approach. This morning, we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We will treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks.

Full statement.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Top Bottom