• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Well its about time to replace my current wallet after less than 4-5 years. Like most people I probably end up putting too many cards (not much cash...:ugh: ) in them creating this thing that resembles a small brick. Besides that I just seem to find leather wear in various spots and worn edges. I know I just need to get rid of some of the card clutter and stick with it but I'm looking for some alternatives or suggestions on others experience. Hoping to find the last wallet I buy in my lifetime, be it leather or some alternative material.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Just went through the same issue.
    I moved toward a minimalist wallet as my back was killing me from the Costanza-esque leather filing cabinet I previously carried in my back pocket.
    I went through several minimalist wallets, some cheap, some not, and so far, liking this cheap one the best. It can hold about 10ish cards and has a money clip instead of another layer of leather.
    When I'm ready to upgrade, Asland leather (YouTube) makes a high end version, very similar to this called the Capone Money clip.
    Lots of different styles and materials out there, good luck with your search. 20210621_064647.jpg 20210621_064640.jpg

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I bought a Ridge wallet a few months ago and so far its been good. It keeps me from loading myself down with random business cards and whatever else I feel like I have to save. It's amazing how many random receipts and cards I used to keep in my old wallet.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I switched over to one of the slim, front pocket type wallets a couple of years ago. It forced me to thin out what I carry daily and I haven’t missed my bifold one bit. Drivers license, a couple of cards and my handgun license is about all I carry these days and I‘ve never missed the stuff I used to carry around.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive got one from Target that I really like. Was having issues sitting on my wallet, and my chiro told me to switch to front pocket carry.

And I never understood people who carry their entire life inside a wallet. A fellow trustee at church pulled his out and no kidding, it was easily 2+ inches thick. Sadly, not all $100 bills. LOL

I try to carry only the absolute minimum. But that's still 7 charge cards, a little cash, and a handful of other cards. (LTCH, insurance etc) Ive been happy with it.

out of stock now, but doesnt say discontinued

EDIT: Scratch that. Complaints they moved from durable leather to pleather. Time to start looking for a new one for me so I'm not stuck out when mine fails.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I went from a bi-fold to a Ridge wallet a few years ago. Traded a big brick for a small brick. Was okay, but still a lump in my front pocket. Last year I tried a long wallet, cash (not folded) on one side, about eight cards/ids in slots on the other. Half the thickness of the Ridge and flexible. I carry it in my front pocket. Very comfortable.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Looks just like mine.

I carry one of their pocket organizers on the opposite hip with Leatherman and other various tools.
    It really is well made. I giggle at the Velcro sound (and the looks I get), but this thing has lasted twice as long a my Duluth fire hose, and shows zero signs of wear.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have an alligator skin wallet. My first one only lasted 30 years and is still fully functional except for a small amount of wear on the bottom of the hinge.

Might want to also look at shark skin which will last forever and look good too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It really is well made. I giggle at the Velcro sound (and the looks I get), but this thing has lasted twice as long a my Duluth fire hose, and shows zero signs of wear.
    I got a black one when they first come out. Then 5 years ago, I switched to the foliage green colored one. It was easier to see in dark places, like the daily "go bag" the wallet lives in when not carried around the house.)

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Saddelback Leather Co. - Wallet
    • 100 year warranty
    • Several colors available
    • I've owned one for over 15 years and it's better than new
    • This style, in particular, I like because cards can't come out when bifold is closed
    • It does take a year or two to wear in and become more supple

Quoted for truth.

I think you could use one to plug a leaking boat or repair a blown-out tire. Maybe double as boot sole in a pinch.

As mentioned, don't plan to fill it right away. Buy 2 so you can gift one for Christmas.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I went with a Trayvax about 2-3 yrs ago and love it. I got tired of my traditional wallet breaking the chips in cards. I see no signs of wear on it yet.

Top Bottom