• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My wife and I was almost to the door of a local store when we heard a comotion. A lady was running out the door yelling he has a gun, he hit me...or something like that. My first concern was he was comming out this very door. We took cover but did not turn and run. I peaked through the door to see him running out the other door. At that point the excitement was over for me. I didn't realize it but I had drawn my gun, someone yelled get him...lol. Weird how people react to things like that, about 6 people started to chase the guy down an alley. The bad guy dumped the money in the alley. I did not chase, not my job just glad no one was hurt. 20 seconds sooner and he would have been pointing a gun at my wife and I. My wife carries also and we have discussed several times similar situations. 20 seconds sooner and I might have needed a lawyer. That was close. This was Sunday evening around 6:00 pm and about 6 blocks from home. Cary all the time, you do not get to pick when the bad guys do.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Good to hear that you two are okay. Unsure whether to call that good timing or bad. Good that you were a few seconds late, or bad that you were there then at all. And +1 for the reflexes
    I didn't realize it but I had drawn my gun,
    . :+1:

Like you said, we don't get to choose when the bad guys carry!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That was close.

Your 1st reaction to seek cover and protect was the right one.

If you were alone would your actions have been different. Just curious as we all wonder what we would do if this were to happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They better NOT be! He still has a beautiful family to go home to, and one of them is an excellent bringer of chocolate.
    Don't mess up my system, man.

Oh trust me, I am not wanting anyone to get hurt. I like chocolate. Not messing with the monkey's comfort zone.

I have been in similar situations over my life time and find my mind set changes with age and child count. I am sure we all ponder these things as we are carrying. How/what/when and where. SA and other factors come into play as well. I was just curious.

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    I carry but have never needed to use (yet). It is certainly better to carry and never need to use, than the alternative. Happy to hear everything is OK, and I am sure you are grateful for your late timing. And I will join in that I hope they caught the guy!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I saw this and wonder if it was that situation. This made (most) of the news/TV stations and they chased the guys (there were 3) to near my Sister-in-Laws ... search eventually ended - 1 apprehended ... Probably hoping he turns on the other 2.

Glad you're safe; playing in smart.

Top Bottom