• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There is department in Lake county that does not issue shotguns or rifles to their officers. If you want one you have to purchase it with your own coin. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Our oldest son has been a cop for 8 years. He told me the level of violence within the last year and a half has gone completely off the radar.

Lots of professionals purchase their own tools and invest in themselves.

My life is worth it to me....I would be buying my own long guns.

Do you have a rifle you can give your son?

Could you run a donation drive to donate arms to officers?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

I'm not giving either of my arms to an officer...no way. Seems like it would be hard for them to pass physical without arms.

That was a **** joke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My last tax inventory of tools and gear in my truck purchased by myself exceeded $14K.
    I understand the mixed bag on the long Gun thing but man oh man what is your life actually worth.
    pushing douche bag politico’s to spend money on outfitting LEO these days is just screaming at clouds.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

I get it investing in yourself. To me though, a police officer should be outfitted with equipment necessary to do the job. But that's just me.

His department issues them an AR and shotgun.

I'm going to have to look into your donation drive idea. That's pretty cool.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I get it investing in yourself. To me though, a police officer should be outfitted with equipment necessary to do the job. But that's just me.

His department issues them an AR and shotgun.

I'm going to have to look into your donation drive idea. That's pretty cool.
    To clarify, my department no longer issues rifles. All of the DRMO rifles are gone to other places. Officers must buy their own rifle, but I believe the department still issues DRMO Aimpoint M2s.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    An officer once told me that funding wasn't the issue with the department's equipment, it was that only minority businesses were allowed on the accepted vendor list, and at that time there were no compliant vendors left.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The first time I trained with sim rounds, the adrenaline got me and I shot like crap. Even knowing they were just paint rounds and would just sting, the sound and the flash made it real enough. After training with them a lot more, it got much better. All the times I’ve ever gotten close to shooting someone, I remember thinking how much I didn’t want to have to do it. I’m guessing all of that plays into a situation where you actually have to pull the trigger. I’ll not judge the marksmanship too harshly.

Len H

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2020
    Lafayette
    Another day, another unfit lady cop running away from the threat and abandoning her colleagues to their fate. :rolleyes: Some people don't like to hear it, but it's true. Which cop in this video do you want backing you up?

Bystander walking up to the scene to yack at the police distracted the cops just long enough for the shooter to get ready to get the drop on them.

Also love the choice of picture for the shooter. Makes him look more respectable than what he was actually wearing on the day of the shooting, which was ragged pants below his ass.

Between the quality of the backup, the attitude of the public, and how hardened criminals are getting to be nowadays, I couldn't imagine being a cop.
    The female officer at some point must have returned fire before the suspect exits the vehicle. He fired at her before he exited the vehicle and she moved off the line of the attack to the right (standard response to a threat), also her gun is either unloaded (you can see her trying to reload later) or has had a malfunction because the slide is locked back. With her partner moving, using cover, and likely tunnel vision kicking in, it is very likely she didn't even know where her partner even was. Were there mistakes, of course; because in the real world things never work out the way they do on a flat range, so you can never assume perfect reactions. However, I would say your criticism of "running away" and "abandoning" are misplaced in this case. As a side note, our perspective from video only gives a limited and distorted perspective, not a true representation of officer perception in the moment.

Top Bottom