• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I like to cut the meat into strips that are about as wide as a piece of bacon. Lay out two pieces of bacon end to end with the ends slightly overlapping, then lay a piece of venison at one end and start rolling it up. Keep adding pieces of venison until you have a pinwheel of bacon and venison. Tooth pick it in place and grill it just like a steak.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    You have any thing in mind?:dunno: Teriakhi Jerky, summer sausage, breakfast sausage, BBQ, stew, roast, taters and carrots, venny burgers.;) Try teriakhi maranade, the meat absorbs the teriakhi, add a little worchester sauce, grill low heat.:yesway: Man I'm going to have to hit the fridge now! :patriot: Don

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Jerky

[FONT=&quot]PER 1/2 lb of meat 12-24 hrs of mar. before full dehydration

add or subtract the ingrediants in red for flavor of sweet, spicy, or smoked

2 T brown sugar[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 2 T powder [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2-4 fresh garlic pods
    or 1 T minced garlic-pureed,
    or 1 T garlic powder[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2 T Worcestershire sauce[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 T coarse black pepper[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 T Paprika[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 T Tobasco sauce[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 t chili powder[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 t dry mustard[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 T liquid smoke[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 t salt or cajun seasoning mix [/FONT]

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Ok...Terriaki Jerky

15-20 oz bottle of soy sauce
    15-20 oz bottle of worchester sauce
    15-20 oz terriaki sauce
    4TBS dark brown sugar
    4TBS garlic powder
    4TBS onion powder
    5oz liquid smoke
    4oz dark corn syrup.

Slice meat about 5-6 lbs and marinade at least 24 hrs. dehydrate. I store mine in fridge, but it dosent last long enough to worry about spoilage.

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Venison Steak

Venison Backstraps cut into 3/4 to 1 inch thick steaks. Or use whole smaller tenderloins.

Rosemary
    Fresh Garlic
    Olive Oil
    Salt
    Pepper

Warm up some olive oil in a saucepan with the Rosemary and Garlic. This is all to taste. Heating it up releases all flavors into the oil. You want the temp just below bubbling. Turn it off and let it cool.

Salt and pepper the steaks, and marinate them in the flavored oil for 8 hours. I do it the am, so the are ready for dinner.

Grill over charcoal, no more done than medium.

Simple and good.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Venison Steak

Venison Backstraps cut into 3/4 to 1 inch thick steaks. Or use whole smaller tenderloins.

Rosemary
    Fresh Garlic
    Olive Oil
    Salt
    Pepper

NO, NO, NO
    THIS IS ALL WRONG....
    YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO
    WRAP THEM IN BACON!!! :D

picvzOjgf.jpg

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I need to learn to hunt

Yes you do. You are missing out. Not just on venison either. Fried squirrel with gravy, mashed potatoes and white beans is a meal not of this earth.

Here is a recipe my wife made on Christmas day. It was very very good and comes from one of her favorite cook books "Simply in Season" which I suggest you buy if you like good fresh produce and easy to make recipes.

Venison Roast
    2.5lbs venison roast
    Place in roasting pan

1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Mix together and pour over roast. Cover. Bake at 275F for 4-5 hours. Turn roast for last hour.

Additional suggestions:
    You can marinate the roast in wine vinegar or cider for a few hours before roasting. This makes an excellent crock pot recipe. Just count on doubling the cooking time though.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Put a roast in the crock pot, add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of water,
    1 packet dry onion soup mix. Cook on low for 8hrs or so. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over egg noodles. I really enjoy this recipe and preparation (with cooking noodles) is only about 15 mins.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    what about any good squirrel recipes?0

I have tried squirrel a lot of ways. Grilled, roasted with potatoes and apples and carrots, and so forth. The very best way to cook a squirrel though is to fry it if you ask me. First you want to quarter the squirrels after you have cleaned and skinned them. Then here is what you do to fry it up right.

Fried Squirrel Recipe:
    1/3 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon white pepper
    vegetable oil.

Put about 1/4 inch of oil in a frying pan and get it good and hot. Brown the squirrels and then cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 35 minutes. Be sure to turn it over once or twice. Take it out and put it on a paper towel. Now you are ready to mix up some gravy.

Squirrel Gravy:
    Dump out most of the oil from the pan you just used to fry the squirrel. Leave enough to cover the bottom of the pan and not much more. Turn up the heat to medium and stir in 3 tablespoons of flour and then 1 1/2 cups of milk. Add a dash of salt and pepper and stir it until it gets thick and starts to bubble.

Enjoy! This recipe is per 2 squirrels.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Yes you do. You are missing out. Not just on venison either. Fried squirrel with gravy, mashed potatoes and white beans is a meal not of this earth.

Not to mention barbequed dove breast, fried pheasant, quail sauteed in wine sauce, rabbit stew, smoked goose breast and roast duck. Hunt and the woods are your grocery store. Just don't eat the coyote.

Top Bottom