• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Then you truly missed the point of the video. 1:110 chance of autism, or 1:5 chance of death or paralysis. Thats assuming one buys into the 1:110 for vaccinations causing autism.

Nobody in the U.S. has a 1:5 chance of death or paralysis from polio. Not a logical argument.

Also, you do realize that the form of mercury in thimerasol is unable to be absorbed by the human body? You will ingest and absorb more mercury from eating fish than being vaccinated. Think of square peg in a round hole vs. round hole and round peg.

Source?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    In the beginning of the study, they talk about "high exposure" which seems to be indicated at > 25 micorgrams. What was the amount that went into vaccines?

Thimerosal in Vaccines
    A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 mL dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    A better plan would include an educational system that still taught logic so you could contribute in a meaningful and relevant way.

My apologies for attempting to cut through the conspiracy theory nonsense. It is an emotion driven topic, disconnected from logic. The conspiracy theory crowd will never be swayed. They bellow and bellow about cover-ups. The bottom line is a question of risk assessment. Vaccines prevent some very nasty things. 100% FACT. Are Vaccines 100% safe. NO - nothing is 100% safe. If a person wants to assume the risk of contracting the nasty things vaccines prevent in order to avoid side effects that might occur, go for it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    So, anti-vaxers...how many current sub 7yr vaccines contain Thimerosal? Anyone?

One, and there are 2 other Thimerosal free alternatives which are routinely used.

Flu vaccines are recommended, but not necessary for anything (and they contain thimerosal btw). Our family does not get them. They are supposed to help against respiratory influenza developing, and we've yet to get sick when NOT getting one, but if we do we get nausea/vomiting/and diarrhea accompanied by fever. Not our cup o tea...

Anyway, the thimerosal argument is invalid at present. Current MFGd vaccines can be said to be Thimerosal free. So what is the issue again?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Flu vaccines ...... (and they contain thimerosal btw)........ So what is the issue again?

You answered your own question. Thimerosal is still regularly injected into unsuspecting people. Sometimes in full doses, sometimes in "reduced" doses. But it is still in many vaccines on the market and compelled by government onto schoolchildren.

The flu shot contains the full 25 mcg dose. Other shots go through a reduction process, and anything brought down to 0.3 mcg or less is dubiously labeled by the CDC as "Thimerosal free."

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My apologies for attempting to cut through the conspiracy theory nonsense. It is an emotion driven topic, disconnected from logic.

I challenge you to point out a logical flaw in my OP.

The conspiracy theory crowd will never be swayed. They bellow and bellow about cover-ups. The bottom line is a question of risk assessment. Vaccines prevent some very nasty things. 100% FACT. Are Vaccines 100% safe. NO - nothing is 100% safe. If a person wants to assume the risk of contracting the nasty things vaccines prevent in order to avoid side effects that might occur, go for it.

This thread has nothing to do with the merits of vaccines. Pharmaceutical companies have opted to pad their bottom line by introducing preservatives into their vaccines. This way they are able to ship several doses of a vaccine in a single container, instead of sealing each dose individually.

This thread deals with the health consequences of that particular preservative and the lies that were told to hide it from the public.

So, anti-vaxers...how many current sub 7yr vaccines contain Thimerosal? Anyone?

One, and there are 2 other Thimerosal free alternatives which are routinely used.

Flu vaccines are recommended, but not necessary for anything (and they contain thimerosal btw). Our family does not get them. They are supposed to help against respiratory influenza developing, and we've yet to get sick when NOT getting one, but if we do we get nausea/vomiting/and diarrhea accompanied by fever. Not our cup o tea...

Anyway, the thimerosal argument is invalid at present. Current MFGd vaccines can be said to be Thimerosal free. So what is the issue again?

You just admitted that several vaccines are not thimerasol free, then went on to claim that they are thimerasol free. Which is it?

What is the issue? There are a few.

1. Thimerasol is still being used in some vaccines and people should be aware of the potential health risks. Your doctor will not make you aware. You must choose to become informed.
    2. If the CDC, FDA, WHO and pharmaceutical companies chose to keep this information from the general public, what other information might they be keeping from us? What other ingredients may turn out to be harmful?

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    This thread has nothing to do with the merits of vaccines. Pharmaceutical companies have opted to pad their bottom line by introducing preservatives into their vaccines. This way they are able to ship several doses of a vaccine in a single container, instead of sealing each dose individually.

When you attack a substance in vaccines as dangerous, it logically follows that the risk vs reward of vaccines has been called into question.

You confirmed my point regarding emotion. Pharmaceutical companies are evil because you know better than they how to preserve and package their product so it can provide the most benefit. What's next? Vaccines should be free?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    When you attack a substance in vaccines as dangerous, it logically follows that the risk vs reward of vaccines has been called into question.

The risk vs. reward question should be decided by the patient or the patient's parents. I'm willing to accept that I don't know this answer for every parent of every child. I do think that parents need to know both sides of this equation and that the government and pharmaceutical companies should not be cooperating to hide this information from them. That was my goal with this thread.

You confirmed my point regarding emotion. Pharmaceutical companies are evil because you know better than they how to preserve and package their product so it can provide the most benefit. What's next? Vaccines should be free?

When did I say any of that?

Why are you so threatened by the presentation of documented facts? Wouldn't you like to know both the pros and the cons of a medical procedure before you put your child through it? Do you believe that the CDC, FDA, WHO, and pharmaceutical companies are so trustworthy that you will use their products with no questions asked? Does it bother you that they tried to hide this information?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I challenge you to point out a logical flaw in my OP.

This thread deals with the health consequences of that particular preservative and the lies that were told to hide it from the public.

You just admitted that several vaccines are not thimerasol free, then went on to claim that they are thimerasol free. Which is it?

What is the issue? There are a few.

1. Thimerasol is still being used in some vaccines and people should be aware of the potential health risks. Your doctor will not make you aware. You must choose to become informed.
    2. If the CDC, FDA, WHO and pharmaceutical companies chose to keep this information from the general public, what other information might they be keeping from us? What other ingredients may turn out to be harmful?

Actually, I did not. Optional vaccines (yearly influenza) are the only vaccines that contain the chemical. Routine early childhood vaccines no longer have it in it, except for one, which typically is not used any longer.

Again, look past your opinion and look at the facts.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Actually, I did not. Optional vaccines (yearly influenza) are the only vaccines that contain the chemical. Routine early childhood vaccines no longer have it in it, except for one, which typically is not used any longer.

Again, look past your opinionu and look at the facts.

So... What you're saying is that some vaccines still contain thimerosal. I agree. Pretty sure that's what I said.

I haven't presented anything in this thread that isn't documented fact. Please point out where I presented my opinion in place of fact.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    A better plan would include an educational system that still taught logic so you could contribute in a meaningful and relevant way.

My college professor who taught the basic intro to logic class liked to point out that the principals we were being taught in college were introduced in elementary schools in other countries. He referred to it as "Baby Logic".

And to that I would add that a population of well-read, logical thinkers is the stuff of writhing, sweaty nightmares among today's lawmakers (and advertisers).

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

Why shouldn't they be free? Especially when Big Pharma works hand in hand with governments to mandate their usage in some fashion/ For decades I never heard much about the flu vaccine. Within the last ten years, maybe less, I hear about it non-stop. First it was elderly and young kids. Now it is everyone had better get one or die hysteria. I just don't understand why folks can't ever see Big Pharma, an industry that is about making money, as anything but evil or out for the bottom line. There are plenty of substances that big pharma made, got governments to approve, that were later pulled from the market due to causing serious health related issues.

Gun manufacturers had to be granted civil immunity because their products worked. However, Big Pharma has been granted civil immunity because their vaccines may not only not work, but also cause harm. I've had vaccines, and hopefully they are safe. Do I trust Big Pharma? Not really. I believe that ultimately it is all about the $$$$ to some people in the company, especially those in upper management positions. In recent years, they seem to want to sound the alarm about things that really aren't all that dangerous when you look at the actual numbers. This would be the flu, HPV.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I'm another who doesn't get the flu shot, and never will. Whoever thought about injecting mercury into their body seems to be missing some bricks from their chimney.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    The risk vs. reward question should be decided by the patient or the patient's parents. I'm willing to accept that I don't know this answer for every parent of every child. I do think that parents need to know both sides of this equation and that the government and pharmaceutical companies should not be cooperating to hide this information from them. That was my goal with this thread.

Preservatives in vaccines have been discussed for decades. Pros and Cons of vaccines have been discussed for decades. Hardly secrets hidden from the public.
    Plenty of discussion and fear mongering about actually contracting Smallpox when that vaccination process was introduced. If the trustworthiness of the CDC, FDA, WHO, or Pharmaceutical Companies is questioned, there should be equal skepticism directed at the motivation of their detractors. Doubt that the audience in this forum is unaware, or incapable of accepting personal responsibility when making healthcare decisions.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Preservatives in vaccines have been discussed for decades. Pros and Cons of vaccines have been discussed for decades. Hardly secrets hidden from the public.

This one was hidden from the public.

I'm unhiding it.

Deal with it.

If the trustworthiness of the CDC, FDA, WHO, or Pharmaceutical Companies is questioned, there should be equal skepticism directed at the motivation of their detractors.

I don't disagree with this. In this case, Dr. Verstraeten was the detractor, back in 1999. What motives of his do you question?

Doubt that the audience in this forum is unaware, or incapable of accepting personal responsibility when making healthcare decisions.

If they already know that studies have shown neurological damage from thimerasol, then they don't have to bother reading this thread, do they?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    UPDATE:

It turns out that several of the main players in this conspiracy were also involved in the more recent conspiracy to destroy potential evidence of vaccine damage.

Note two important names that are common in both of these vaccine conspiracies:

- Dr. Coleen Boyle, Director of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the CDC
    - Dr. Frank DeStefano, Director of the Immunization Safety Office at the CDC

These are the co-authors who are now known to have actively destroyed evidence, according to the CDC's own Dr. Thompson.

An email exchange took place between Dr. DeStefano and Dr. Boyle in April of 2000 regarding Dr. Verstraeten's current reseaerch. See an image of the email below.

Take note of point #2, where Dr. Boyle suggests widening the criteria to allow younger children to qualify for the study because autism diagnoses rarely happen before the 2nd or 3rd year of life.

You can also view an email where Dr. DeStefano was CC'd, the subject line reads: "It just won't go away". In this email he discusses the difficulty in getting this autism correlation to go away, no matter what criteria he changes in the statistical analysis - obviously responding to the pressure that he was under to make it "go away".

These two people have since become very high-ranking officials in the CDC. Their names can be found on a plethora of research papers purported to prove the safety of vaccines. It is undeniable that these people are not interested in scientific evidence or seeking the truth. Their agenda is to vindicate vaccines at all costs.

6a00d8357f3f2969e2017d3e4a747f970c-pi

Top Bottom