• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Catching up on that football player last night. You tube videos up and first one up is guy. Immediately saying this was not caused by the vaccine. Then why even bring that up? And how the heck do they know that? Then commented on what most likely happened. Pathetic.
    Because he is familiar with INGO? :dunno:

:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Catching up on that football player last night. You tube videos up and first one up is guy. Immediately saying this was not caused by the vaccine. Then why even bring that up? And how the heck do they know that? Then commented on what most likely happened. Pathetic.
    From what I've read most if not all the people that have "died suddenly" could not be resuscitated. The fact they got this poor guy breathing again might mean his event was due to that other injury type I've read them talking about.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    From what I've read most if not all the people that have "died suddenly" could not be resuscitated. The fact they got this poor guy breathing again might mean his event was due to that other injury type I've read them talking about.
    Agree. I just think coming out saying it’s not this but has to be this in either direction is wrong. People can speculate but to immediately say it can’t be this or that I can’t agree with. The guy wasn’t hit that bad, yet people already positive it was the hit that caused it. So then we should have thousands of these every year in football every time someone gets tackled? I could speculate he already had a heart condition just waiting to happen but not going to say beyond all doubt that’s what it is and rule out all other speculations.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agree. I just think coming out saying it’s not this but has to be this in either direction is wrong. People can speculate but to immediately say it can’t be this or that I can’t agree with. The guy wasn’t hit that bad, yet people already positive it was the hit that caused it. So then we should have thousands of these every year in football every time someone gets tackled? I could speculate he already had a heart condition just waiting to happen but not going to say beyond all doubt that’s what it is and rule out all other speculations.
    Oh I know...they don't want this vaccine caused sudden deaths to gain any momentum. If/when it does, there will be plenty of heads being called for and they know it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At what point does the pot get stirred by reminding people it was Trump that pushed, and pushed hard to get a vaccine. I remember those days well. Some will say he just pushed for it hard but didn’t make them. But could others still say it was the pressure he put on them to come up with crap that may do more harm than good, and was just a big $$$$$$ maker. I for one do not put all the blame on him. On the other hand I still remember. Perhaps a case where wanting to do a good and a great thing and take credit for it turns into dog**** .
    I was very pleased with the actions Trump took to get a vaccine for the people and still believe those actions were the right thing to do. It is Monday morning QB’ing at its best to say anything different. Going into 2020 I don’t think very many knew or understood the levels of corruption at the CDC, including Trump, and he certainly did not need a fight with yet another government agency.

Trump is certainly not a virology scientist and even a President must rely on the experts in place. I do get it that he has not admitted the vaccine turned out bad and called out the corruption is not a good look and disappointing…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. It kinda was. Tee Higgins is 6-4, 220lbs. He lowered his shoulder, which is what you do, and Hamlin took that energy to his chest.

I understand thst there are a lot of young athletes collapsing during athletic activities and there’s no better explanation for it than perhaps the vaccine. There’s a better explanation here.
    I resisted correcting this last night, to focus on the player suffering but this is BS. It was a very mild, by NFL standards, collision (calling it a hit does a disservice to the events) , totally unremarkable in every way. If the player had not gone back down, no one would have ever remembered the play. This is evidenced by the quick pop up of the player.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I resisted correcting this last night, to focus on the player suffering but this is BS. It was a very mild, by NFL standards, collision (calling it a hit does a disservice to the events) , totally unremarkable in every way. If the player had not gone back down, no one would have ever remembered the play. This is evidenced by the quick pop up of the player.
    Anyone that's ever had the wind knocked out of them knows you don't jump up as fast as he did. That was not a hard hit.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone that's ever had the wind knocked out of them knows you don't jump up as fast as he did. That was not a hard hit.
    Although not the same thing by any means, I am reminded of Chuck Hughes, of the Detroit Lions, who was as far as I know, the only NFL player who died on the field during a game. Detroit was playing the Bears in 1971 and of course 14 year-old oze was watching. Something like 3 plays after what looked like a tame hit, he grabbed his chest and collapsed.

I had to do a DDG search, but it turns out that he had advanced atherosclerosis, and the hit loosened a blood clot.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Although not the same thing by any means, I am reminded of Chuck Hughes, of the Detroit Lions, who was as far as I know, the only NFL player who died on the field during a game. Detroit was playing the Bears in 1971 and of course 14 year-old oze was watching. Something like 3 plays after what looked like a tame hit, he grabbed his chest and collapsed.

I had to do a DDG search, but it turns out that he had advanced atherosclerosis, and the hit loosened a blood clot.
    And his wife got a settlement from the big $$$ lawsuit she filed against the hospital that failed to find this on his physical to play…

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Analysis is fun and all, but let's do some synthesis. If you were in charge of messaging, how would you downplay the vax aspect while promoting the "hard hit" storyline? Undiagnosed heart condition?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    And his wife got a settlement from the big $$$ lawsuit she filed against the hospital that failed to find this on his physical to play…
    I did not know that. I feel guilty for joking at the time that the glare he got from Dick Butkus right before he collapsed is what killed him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you’re going to speculate, and at this point we all need to understand it’s all speculation, at least go with the best evidence you have. He was hit hard. He got up and fell down. Not the most violent hit ever, but he was hit in the chest hard. It seems more connected with the hit than anything.

Without any evidence of vaccine injury I think there’s no credibility to any speculation that it was caused by the vaccine. Not that vaccines can’t be the cause of that or any of the mysterious sudden collapses of athletes. There's no good reason to point at vaccines for this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trust the science?
    Don’t trust your instincts when you have a predilection for one cause over another. Not every collapse is caused by vaccines. If he’d have collapsed with no connection to a hit in the chest, well you might reasonably raise an eyebrow to that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh I know...they don't want this vaccine caused sudden deaths to gain any momentum. If/when it does, there will be plenty of heads being called for and they know it.
    Probably if this were connected to the vaccine none of us would know it anyway. It’s better not to commit anything to belief one way or another until more information becomes available. But also realizing that information identifying vaccines as a course is unlikely.

The hit being the cause, is most likely at this point, given no other information. And so I’d caution people against going about declaring to the world that it’s the vaccine. You’ll just make people convinced you’re a nutter since it happened right after he was hit in the chest.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You’ll just make people convinced you’re a nutter since it happened right after he was hit in the chest.
    While agreeing with your post, thousands of “hits” occur, it for sure is not the “hit” in my book. Now I suspect it will be blamed by some on inept medical evaluations and some a freak heart condition or some such like. It will never officially be related to his vaccination status.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was very pleased with the actions Trump took to get a vaccine for the people and still believe those actions were the right thing to do. It is Monday morning QB’ing at its best to say anything different. Going into 2020 I don’t think very many knew or understood the levels of corruption at the CDC, including Trump, and he certainly did not need a fight with yet another government agency.

Trump is certainly not a virology scientist and even a President must rely on the experts in place. I do get it that he has not admitted the vaccine turned out bad and called out the corruption is not a good look and disappointing…
    That’s the thing. He has to rely on experts. Would have been great to have experts with some healthy skepticism of a vaccine program skipping so many steps on vaccine technology that hasn’t been fully tested, for a disease we knew so little about. But jeez can we not turn this into another Trump-can-do-no-wrong vs Trump-can-do-no-right thread?

His response was par. Not perfect, and there’s some legitimate criticism. But not the worst it could have been. I can’t think of a recent POTUS who’d have gotten it any better under the circumstances.

Top Bottom