Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hype the uncommon but scary abnormal blood clotting in some WuVid cases, and you just happen to make a market-leading anti-clotting drug

This is my shocked face

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Not all PhD's are scientists. You can have a liberal arts PhD too, or in any number of fields.
    Like "*Doctor* Jill Biden"? She has a PhD in education, for God's sake. I have an MSEE, and I'll make a deal with her. I'll call her "doctor", and she has to call me "master".

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Not all PhD's are scientists. You can have a liberal arts PhD too, or in any number of fields.
    Like "*Doctor* Jill Biden"? She has a PhD in education, for God's sake. I have an MSEE, and I'll make a deal with her. I'll call her "doctor", and she has to call me "master".

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Information is sparse, spotty and quite a bit of it is anecdotal. This is a Johns-Hopkins interpretation of a study in the Lancet, but it links to the study if you wish to see it

I calculate the hospitalization rate with all variants to be about 1.93% with Scotland showing 72.8% vaccination both doses and 90.4% one dose. The study does not separate out breakthrough hospitalizations but does draw conclusions about preliminary data on Delta exposure in a population with high vaccination percentages

Sorry about the incomplete post. I accidentally hit post when I was trying to insert text in and around the quotes
    Ok, perhaps I misunderstood your earlier post as saying vaccinated people we having worse outcomes than unvaccinated. This says the vaccines prevent/protect against infections of both Alpha and Delta variants compared to unvaccinated... but are less protective against Delta than they are against alpha.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Why is telling the truth fear mongering? Hiding that the vaccine is not a traditional vaccine, and that they had to redefine vaccine to even call it that is something the people should know. (They also had to redefine other words to hide from the people.) I am over those that nit pick lay folks discussing this subject.

The vaccine uses mRNA to tell the DNA what to do, a vast technological difference from natural vaccines. Much of the other things you complain about are due to TPTB have lost the trust of many people, deservedly so.

We are a free country we do not need government to act a a super mommy and daddy to decide if we can handle the truth. But they squandered that trust...
    I either agree with several of the things you say, except in red... no, it doesn't. The mRNA vaccines do not enter the cell nucleus and do not interact with the cell's DNA.

Also, calling mRNA vaccines "gene modification therapy" that "messes with people's DNA" is just factually false, and calling that out is not nit picking. IMO, it is false disinformation much akin to when MSM/TPTB call AR's "assault rifle/machine gun/weapons of war"... and, yeah, IMO both are fear-mongering.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Well, first, in terms of blindspots, I did not say anything about fearmongering. Which means I did not deny that there is that on the anti side. There absolutely is.

I'm pretty much tribeless myself, but there's a sort of pigeonhole effect that is difficult to avoid. There are just two tribes with any voice. When it comes to ideas and opinions, sometimes I agree with one. Less often, but often enough I agree with the other. I suppose that looks to the people in both tribes like fence-riding. It's not fence-riding though, it's the problem of a low resolution grouping. There isn't a group that fundamentally supports enough of the opinions and ideas that I have.

But, when it comes down to a war of ideas, between two incompatible worldviews, I'll back the tribe that is closest to my worldview. So that pigeonholes me into a binary I'd rather not have, but also that I can't help. The binary is, should we allow the country to devolve into a totalitarian ******** or not. That's separate from "fearmongering". And it doesn't mean I can't and don't criticize the tribe for what it gets wrong. But I'm far less confident in the realm of biology to get too worked up over various claims, unless there's a clear flaw in logic that doesn't not depend on the truth value of the arguments.

It's like the global warming arguments. I'm not a climate scientist. People arguing about science who aren't scientists just use their favorite tribe's expert to fight a proxy battle of experts. So you're not gonna see me getting into the weeds on mrna/gene therapy disputes. Silence is not tacit approval.
    I get it... I really do.

And since you mentioned global warming... I became a skeptic when Manning refused to allow peer review of his data and methods for IIRC 7 years. My BS meter immediately pegged into the "that ****er is hiding some **** " range. Doesn't mean there isn't warming and/or some part of it is man-caused, just that his hockey stick is ********.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Indeed. I'm struggling a bit, as I mentioned, to find actual high quality reportage

Information I thought I had links to has gone missing and current material is getting sketchier. Take these people, for instance - linked to Epoch Times, so not what I'd call high quality, but their synopsis seems correct as far as I've pursued it (which isn't far) It links internally to the report it is referencing but don't have the inclination right now to cross check

However, a new report released by Public Health England (PHE) highlighted the fact that in the past few months, more fully vaccinated people have died from the Delta variant compared to unvaccinated people.

The report, titled “SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England, Technical briefing 16,” examined 60,624 Delta infections between February 1 and June 14, of which 35,521 cases were observed in unvaccinated individuals and 4,087 cases were seen in fully vaccinated individuals who got infected at least 14 days after their second dose.

The death rate for fully vaccinated individuals was 0.636 percent, which was 6.6 times higher than the unvaccinated death rate of 0.0957 percent. 26 deaths were reported among the fully vaccinated individuals, compared to 34 deaths in the unvaccinated. The death rates among fully vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals were both below one percent.

Fully vaccinated individuals were also found to be more prone to hospitalization than their unvaccinated counterparts. Out of the 4,087 fully vaccinated people, 2.05 percent (84 people) ended up in a hospital. Among the 35,521 unvaccinated people, only 1.48 percent (527 people) were hospitalized
    I'm going to bed, but posted so if you're interested you can see if the actual report has been interpreted correctly in the article. If not I'll try to verify what they're saying, via the report, tomorrow

I'm really getting tired of the 'fluidity' of information availability. It used to be you didn't have to bookmark everything or it often can't be found, or worse yet you do bookmark it and when you open the link it isn't there anymore

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom