Not open for further replies.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Ever wonder why the vaccine isn't being forced on illegal immigrants, well it is because they are not US citizens so the can sue the drug makers if there is anything wrong with the vaccine that gives them health problems. Migrants and illegals are not included in the agreement the US made with the drug companies as to not be responsible for the vaccine issues it could and has caused. something to think about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Retiring NIH director says he was never pressured to fire Fauci, slams Atlas over herd immunity.​

https://www.foxnews.com/media/outgo...-to-fire-fauci-slams-atlas-over-herd-immunity

Retiring National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins told Fox News on Friday that he was never asked to fire his nationally-recognized subordinate Anthony Fauci, despite the NIAID director's frequent clashes with Trump administration officials over federal coronavirus mitigation policy.

He also criticized former Trump coronavirus task force member Dr. Scott Atlas for touting herd immunity as a potential strategy for dealing with the pandemic.

Collins, 71, will leave the agency on Sunday after more than a decade in its top position. He told "Your World" that the new omicron variant of coronavirus will lead to a "tough couple of months" for the United States, based on its higher transmissibility than what he called the "original Wuhan virus" strain.

In a press release on Friday, Chairman James Clyburn, D-S.C., and the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis wrote that Collins expressed "deep concerns about the herd immunity strategy being advocated by these ‘fringe epidemiologists’ and in an October 2020 email, called for "a quick and devastating published take down" of the herd immunity strategy known as "The Great Barrington Declaration."

Top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci testifies before the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, July 20, 2021 on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.  (Photo by J. Scott Applewhite-Pool/Getty Images) Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health, is seen (Photo by Greg Nash- Pool/Getty Images)

Top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci testifies before the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, July 20, 2021 on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. (Photo by J. Scott Applewhite-Pool/Getty Images) Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institutes of Health, is seen (Photo by Greg Nash- Pool/Getty Images) (J. Scott Applewhite-Pool/Getty Images; Greg Nash- Pool/Getty Images)
    Host Neil Cavuto referenced the committee's findings and asked about the "take down" quotation.

"Well, OK, if it’s that specific. There were people [like] Scott Atlas that said don’t worry about this business of putting on masks or asking people to isolate themselves or stay distanced. Let it rip. Let this virus run through the country until everybody has had it, and we’ll have herd immunity’," Collins said.

"The consequence of that would have been hundreds of thousands of additional deaths," the Staunton, Va., native added. "That didn’t make sense to me."

In his own book about his time on the White House team, Atlas reciprocally ripped his fellow advisers, like Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx, for often dismissing or disparaging his advice.

On "Your World", Collins further criticized herd immunity writ large, saying that with the virus' "capab[ility] to shape-shift, it gets in the way of herd immunity."

President Trump listens to White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Scott Atlas speak during a press conference in the Brady Briefing Room of the White House on September 23, 2020, in Washington, DC. (Photo by MANDEL NGAN / AFP)

President Trump listens to White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Scott Atlas speak during a press conference in the Brady Briefing Room of the White House on September 23, 2020, in Washington, DC. (Photo by MANDEL NGAN / AFP) (MANDEL NGAN/AFP via Getty Images)
    "We might have herd immunity to the original Wuhan virus but not to omicron," he said. "It’s like we have a new character here, a screwed-up sibling of what we started with, and our immune system has potential to fight it off, but it’s challenging. So the herd immunity concept assumes that you deal with the same virus all the way along. This has not turned out to behave that way."

He also denied any allegations he was either pressured or instructed to fire Fauci after the immunologist's advice began clashing with Trump.

"No, I was never asked to do that. There were a lot of rumors flying around that that was about to happen," he said.

"I think I did several instances say I would not be willing to do that. Here’s probably the most respected knowledgeable infectious disease expert in the world who is basically getting in hot water because he’s speaking the truth to people that don’t want to hear it? Is that a reason for me to relieve him of his job? No. I would not have been willing to do that. They would have had to fire me first."

Collins said Fauci has "discharged his duties as a public servant in remarkable ways," and condemned threats and demonization the Brooklyn native is receiving from critics.

FILE - In this Dec. 12, 2020, file photo, President Donald Trump walks on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington before boarding Marine One. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File)

FILE - In this Dec. 12, 2020, file photo, President Donald Trump walks on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington before boarding Marine One. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File)
    Collins later insinuated that he also clashed with Trump on occasion, but never thought he was in danger of being fired.

"I was in hot water a few times. I don’t think it ever came to the sort of sense of oh boy, I’m about to get that call. I got yelled at but I never got told you’re out of here," he said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"For me as a physician, as a scientist, also a person of faith, my anchor is truth. If I’m sticking to the truth and am not willing to compromise for some other expedient reasons, I think I’m doing the right thing. You know, if I lose my job on account of standing up for the truth, OK, I should lose the job."

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    NBA player Kyrie Irving has not played this season due to his refusal to get the vaccine. The team is bringing him back because so many guys are out due to Covid protocols.

So they’re bringing back the unvaccinated guy because too many vaccinated guys caught the virus. Future generations are going to be asking us a lot of questions about how this whole thing has been handled.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    NBA player Kyrie Irving has not played this season due to his refusal to get the vaccine. The team is bringing him back because so many guys are out due to Covid protocols.

So they’re bringing back the unvaccinated guy because too many vaccinated guys caught the virus. Future generations are going to be asking us a lot of questions about how this whole thing has been handled.
    1639833747249.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

That post makes my head hurt trying to understand it…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

Simple solution for employees is to never tell your employer that you may have covid. Regular sick time should be paid for all other illnesses.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That post makes my head hurt trying to understand it…
    Because the game is more important than health. Same with our schools requiring masks at the classroom desks, but allow dozens of athletes to breath and sweat on each other unmasked for the all mighty IHSAA ticket revenue. Scream at the unmasked and unvaxxed that they are killing people while doing the same thing and making excuses for it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Simple solution for employees is to never tell your employer that you may have covid. Regular sick time should be paid for all other illnesses.
    I'm guessing the sick time they are taking away is an additional benefit over any regular sick time they may get. I know several places that have/had this, if it's covid related it doesn't get charged against your regular sick time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Aparantly the NFL is fed up with this failed vaccine and says that once a player tested positive and sat out they will not be tested again this season. The Colts should forfeit tonights game with 100% positive team than no one can be sat out again unless they are sick…. LOL

Seriously, this could be a big issue in teams that have not yet had the asymptotic spread in their team come playoffs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My employer requires unvaccinated people to wear the masks. The vaccinated people don't have to.

But honestly, the policies mandating vaccines don't make much sense for omicron as it looks to be shaping up to possibly end the :runaway: phase of the pandemic endemic. In the countries where omicron has become the predominant variant, it doesn't seem to matter a lot if you've been vaccinated or have natural immunity. You still get it. But especially, with omicron there doesn't seem to be nearly the hospitalizations that there were resulting from Delta variant.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Aparantly the NFL is fed up with this failed vaccine and says that once a player tested positive and sat out they will not be tested again this season. The Colts should forfeit tonights game with 100% positive team than no one can be sat out again unless they are sick…. LOL

Seriously, this could be a big issue in teams that have not yet had the asymptotic spread in their team come playoffs.
    The NFL doesn’t care about vaccines or corona. Just like they didn’t really care about racism and defunding police. Just like they didn’t really care about retired players’ health. They care about pretending to care. They want everyone to think they don’t put profit first, but that’s always the bottom line. The Covid rules are causing cancellations, and some teams having 40% of the roster out because of the protocols. The money has become a factor and they’re changing the rules.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    no more future generations

By the 325th variant, we'll all be gone.
    Today my thought was...What happens after you fill the 10 slots on your vax card? I guess if you're still alive then you get some special platinum card award, like the YouTube's, or maybe just full digital control by an app for the rest of your days :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The NFL doesn’t care about vaccines or corona. Just like they didn’t really care about racism and defunding police. Just like they didn’t really care about retired players’ health. They care about pretending to care. They want everyone to think they don’t put profit first, but that’s always the bottom line. The Covid rules are causing cancellations, and some teams having 40% of the roster out because of the protocols. The money has become a factor and they’re changing the rules.
    Yes sir! Now look at this, they got it all worked out to not have to deal with this BS again this season…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom