Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But it makes it easier to consider us boogie men if they have a cute name for us.

Pretty sure most people here, including Phylo, know this, but just in case some don't know..

"Othering" is a mechanism where normally socially repugnant behavior is allowed, because someone is "other".
    Other tribe
    Other race
    Other group
    Subhuman
    Etc

Funny thing, I just saw an article on "Othering in a right wing online forum".
    Funny, I thought that happens on both sides.
    Seems to be an example of another mechanism..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, we have Lord Freeman who told every single one of us that mentioned masks can restrict airflow liars.
    Route45 has all but called us deniers for not believing in the miracle of the vax.
    Jeephammer who called us selfish killers because we didn't believe in the miracle of the vax, God Fauci and the magic face diapers.

That's just the top 3.

You forgot Raider.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If the vaccines worked well enough to prevent all cases of infection from whatever source, then vaccine advocates and those opposed really shouldn't have a beef with each other. I suspect that SARS-Covid in some form or other will be with us for a generation or two. We need to move on with life.

I've had the vaccine, and had a Covid episode 7 months after the vaccination. My son out west is presently experiencing a pretty significant episode 5 months after vaccination. I think both of us are happy that we haven't been hospitalized as a result of those episodes.

Do what you want. But please, don't force your opinion on others. You might be wrong. If they listen to you, they may make a poor decision ( because you might have been wrong).

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Fathering I know.
    Mothering I understand.
    Othering... I don't want to go there. It probably involves an administration official.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Three people in my immediate family has caught Covid-19 now.
    My middle boy just informed me he had Covid-19 it lasted for about 3 days with light fever and cough. He said he went to Dr for a work excuse so he wouldn't spread what he thought was a summer cold to his co-workers.
    Dr tested him came back positive.
    He's still self quarantined, and said he was bored silly.

My daughter, SIL, and now my middle son has had Covid-19, and all three reported a three days of symptoms, and fever.
    My daughter said hers felt like a bad flu in the way her body ached.
    SIL, and son both said it was just a light cough and fever for 3 days. Ages 26-36.
    My three grandchildren ages 8, 12 and 18 that my daughter and SIL have never caught it living in same house.
    My granddaughter played nurse for them both because the media hype had her scared she was going to lose her parents. She's a good young lady.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do what you want. But please, don't force your opinion on others. You might be wrong. If they listen to you, they may make a poor decision ( because you might have been wrong).

This is the only right take on the situation, IMO.

I firmly believe there's significant evidence to support either side of the debate, at this point, and no one can easily claim there's greater scientific weight behind either option. It's an individual choice that should be made with deep consideration and caution.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is the only right take on the situation, IMO.

I firmly believe there's significant evidence to support either side of the debate, at this point, and no one can easily claim there's greater scientific weight behind either option. It's an individual choice that should be made with deep consideration and caution.
    I go back and forth with you but I respect your opinions

I agree with this post wholeheartedly

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Jennifer Rubin (not related to Dave), tweets..

Jennifer 'pro-voting' Rubin
    @JRubinBlogger

·
    14h

Time. To. Come. Down. ON. Unvaccinated

I don't have Twitter, so I couldn't look at the responses. Or at least I don't know how.

Anyway, the party of inclusion and peace.
    Yup.
    Literally her very next tweet was ragging on SCotUS for the recent abortion kerfuffle.

I'll bet the bitch couldn't even spell "irony" if you spotted her two vowels.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bring it bitch.

The problem with how they're doing things is that they pass the buck down the chain.

So it won't be them you're fighting, it'll be your local small business owner who is trying to avoid a massive fine if he doesn't eject you from his business for not complying with a mandate.

It'll be hard to stomach, but it'll be a situation where you have to force your way around. If they start demanding papers at stores and there's no alternatives, I guess it's time for rifle open carry.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    For the guys here that kept calling ivermectin “horse dewormer”... you are aware how dumb you sound, right? It literally won a Nobel prize in 2015 for treating human diseases. It was literally approved in the 90s for human use. You stick with your vaccine... you obviously don’t trust “ScIeNcE”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom