Indy

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But, that unlocked door was to/from the teachers parking lot - they could not be bothered with having to unlock it every time they went in
    And no way these morons need to be armed.
    Fortifying the building is step 1.
    As much as we do not like the staff at the local indoctrination center the terrorists are stuck at (looking for alternatives) they do make it difficult to gain entry. All doors locked. Buzz in with speakers and cameras. Basics every school should have in these insane times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we can send Ukraine 40 billion dollars I'm sure we can spend at least that much to hire and arm well trained security for our schools.

Biden is more concerned with boys being able to go into girls restrooms apparently.
    Agendas. This drives them. It’s not unlike Social Security which could be fixed if they wanted to buy then it would no longer be a political football.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Did the shooter know the door to be unlocked or was it sheer chance that he picked an unlocked door? Facts might change but the timeline and decisions of action, or lack thereof, make the local law enforcement look very bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Clearly there was someone telling the officers to stand down. I have trouble believing there were that many cowards with guns in one place. The LEO that I know and have known would not have let this go on.
    I'm curious about protocol when multiple agencies respond to an event; who's in charge? I suppose there is is basic protocol but in the first few moments who decides enter/don't enter if various departments, with various SOP's, arrive at same time?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Despite taking up an alleged 40% of the towns budget…..

Careful that kind of talk will get you into thread around these parts
    Hilarious.
    Clearly there was someone telling the officers to stand down. I have trouble believing there were that many cowards with guns in one place. The LEO that I know and have known would not have let this go on.
    Bingo.
    My money is on the sheriff or whatever position that jag-off held. Not bashing with a broad brush here. As Frank and Denny have often said, not everyone can be a LEO.
    Heck I know a couple of fire fighters that would have gone in after him.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Ah. So, ultimately, the local police did absolutely nothing of value.

Well, they did manage to detain and handcuff at least one parent who was trying to go in and actually do something.. The other local cops were standing around him with their tazers drawn because the parents were screaming at them to do something.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Active shooter training held at Uvalda High school in March of this year

Weapons were purchased from a local gun store that ALLEGEDLY (as in not confirmed) doesn’t have cameras

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am speechless. This mother learned of the shooting while 40 miles away and still beat police into the school.

Despite being handcuffed by federal marshals who also did not enter the building.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And no way these morons need to be armed.
    Fortifying the building is step 1.
    As much as we do not like the staff at the local indoctrination center the terrorists are stuck at (looking for alternatives) they do make it difficult to gain entry. All doors locked. Buzz in with speakers and cameras. Basics every school should have in these insane times.
    This could have been that small town mentality. "Nothing will happen there"

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am speechless. This mother learned of the shooting while 40 miles away and still beat police into the school.

Despite being handcuffed by federal marshals who also did not enter the building.

Truth is when push comes to shove, you and you alone are your own first responder.

I commend this mother's love for her children, courage, and willingness to do what was necessary.

Top Bottom