• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So now they want to tax weapons out of the hands of poor people.

This is akin to a poll tax but part of me hopes that it passes to be struck down by the Supreme Court. Striking this down could also strike down the whole NFA scheme. After all all the Nfa does is makes it impossible for those without money to get those items.

After all maybe we should revisit the miller case with suppressors as they are becoming a common military item and the Miller case as I understand it hinges on a sawed off shotgun not being a milita weapon.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    OK, with all of the threads regarding the latest round of murderous criminals being used to subvert the Constitution, I wasn't sure where to put the following. Mods, if there is a better place for coordination of messaging to our elected servants, please move.

Below is my initial round of e-mail correspondence to Congress critters. I will send written correspondence later after I have had more time to go through the current legislative proposals.

As always, if useful, plagiarism is encouraged.

"I find it sad I am even writing this, but I am confident you are being inundated with correspondence and calls from the apparatchiks of the left and those who desire to subvert the Constitution, so I am compelled to support you and hopefully to do my part to harden your resolve.​
    Understand, NO MORE INFRINGEMENTS to the Right to keep and bear arms is acceptable. There has now been 88 years of increasing Federal government infringements upon the 2nd Amendment right of the people. Things have not gotten better in regards to criminal use of arms, but rather have deteriorated.​
    The Constitution, and most especially the Bill of Rights, IS NOT OPEN TO NEGOTIATION!​
    What is reasonably obvious to anyone who has been paying attention is that criminal use of arms has become increasingly worse over the last 58 years as "gun control" at the Federal Government level (and some State and metropolitan areas) exploded. It should be patently obvious to any citizen who actually looks at this Nation's history that in regards to restrictions on arms of the individual more government is NOT the answer.​
    If you need any further evidence, look no further than the abject failures of government both at the national and local levels in many of the high profile "mass shootings" of the last thirty years. How many times has policy been changed (such as after Columbine) only to have the new policy ignored resulting in more death and destruction by the criminal and mentally ill of our population? How many of the perpetrators been "known to law enforcement" but no action was taken? How many school administrations hid the obviously mentally ill in their schools and did not report, even when required by law?​
    When law enforcement prevent a parent from going to try to save their child, but those same law enforcement officers fail to do so themselves, there is no more clear evidence that more government is NOT the answer. Have your staff investigate the case of Angeli Rose Gomez, who was handcuffed trying to rescue her kids at the Uvalde school shooting, and has said police are threatening her to keep her quiet about their actions. These are the actions of the KGB and Gestapo, not what should be transpiring in America. What should have happened, is if the Uvalde Police were unwilling to do what needed done, the Uvalde Police should have handed Ms. Gomez the arms she needed and let her save her children.​
    Let us be clear. You took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States. That includes the 2nd Amendment and the Preamble to the Bill of Rights. Contrary to the current resident of the White House, and the communists (AKA Democrats) in Congress, Rights as enumerated in the Bill of Rights ARE ABSOLUTE!​
    The cries and wails from the left regarding "gun violence" are quite simply a misdirection. The United States of America does not have a "gun violence" problem. This nation has a criminal and mentally ill problem. We as a nation have failed to do what must be done to protect the greater good of sane, sober, moral citizens; to incarcerate the criminal, to terminate those who are violent predators upon their fellow man, and to humanely house those among us who are dangerously mentally ill. If any element of the Federal Government was actually serious about curbing the criminal tragedies occurring all too often in this nation, capital punishment would soar, prisoners would be at hard labor to deter recidivism, and Mental Asylums and Indigent farms would be making a rapid return. This nation would also not permit rampant invasion of our borders by drug transporters, criminal gangs, cartel members, and wanted terrorists.​
    If the Communists (AKA Democrats) desire to raise the age to purchase and bear arms, then the age of majority, to vote, to be subject to conscription, and to ascend to the unorganized militia all need to be raised. Do not ask a citizen of this nation to be subject to conscription, when they are not afforded the Rights guaranteed to them by the Bill of Rights.​
    Do NOT further restrict the kind, caliber, form, or capability of arms available to a citizen. There are already FAR to many infringements upon a citizen's right to arms, starting with the NFA.​
    Stand fast against the storm Senator. Call out the opposition's hypocrisy. Make the opposition explain how their proposals are consistent with the Constitution, and most especially the Preamble to the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment to the Constitution. Excoriate those in the Congress and the press, regardless of party, for their subversion of this Nation's core principles and Bill of Rights."​

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    So maybe Jan 6th scared enough R's that they might be willing to "do something" now too?

Scared in the way of personal harm, I mean.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    That's like when I hear... I was going to join, but then I got into college.

Or, a coworker was okay we ME have an "assault weapon", because of all the "military training" I had.
    Dude. I was on a nuke on a submarine. How much small arms training do you think I had.
    I've had MORE training in a single day training as a civie, as I had in SIX YEARS in the military.
    I have a friend that was in the Navy
    Flew sub chasers out of Maine
    Said he had never been on a boat and never fired a gun

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So now they want to tax weapons out of the hands of poor people.

This is akin to a poll tax but part of me hopes that it passes to be struck down by the Supreme Court. Striking this down could also strike down the whole NFA scheme. After all all the Nfa does is makes it impossible for those without money to get those items.

After all maybe we should revisit the miller case with suppressors as they are becoming a common military item and the Miller case as I understand it hinges on a sawed off shotgun not being a milita weapon.

That was the argument the SCOTUS used when the NFA was passed, it concluded that while congress did not have the power to outlaw machine guns, it did have the power to tax them. Two benjamins was a lot of money in 1934, but when inflation finally devalued the dollar so much that buying a machine gun and paying the tax was nearly the same as buying some non NFA items the "golden age" of NFA took off. It was a great time when you could buy a converted Uzi for 4-500 dollars and cases of Czech 9mm for pennies a round.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    We need to remind the politicians of a couple things:

1. if a patient has an illness that a given drug doesn't work for, because it is ineffective and has too many risky side effects, no matter how many more patients come down with the same illness, the wrong treatment is STILL the wrong treatment, so no matter if we have a 'mass shooting' every day, 'gun control' is STILL the wrong answer, and STILL ineffective and STILL dangerous.

2. the other issue is that the 'courageous' position is NOT to join the mob to burn the witches (attack the 'gun culture') and melt down guns in some symbolic virtue-signaling fest - the REAL courageous position is to stand firm and OPPOSE 'mandatory background checks' because they not only do NOTHING constructive, but they irrevocably pave the way for gun confiscation, and a well-armed citizenry is the ONLY defense against genocide. R.J. Rummel documents 'democide' to the extent that our 'superior' fellow nations have averaged over 7,000 innocent deaths of their OWN citizens PER DAY via genocide over the past 100 years, and Zelman and Stevens document the clear connection to 'gun control'. For that matter, the authors of the Second Amendment clearly indicated their motivation was to address the timeless concept of the balance of power between citizen and government. So 'background checks' are far from a harmless diversion of police resources that does nothing other than allow hoplophobes to 'feel good for having done something' - 'background checks' must be OPPOSED at every possible point, and 'compromising' on the issue cannot be allowed.
    I could not get my previous post to edit so I quoted it so I could add the phrase "per day" to the genocide data.

Gunowners.org has a find-your-legislator tool that makes it easy to email them and I would suggest quoting or paraphrasing some of the above to let them know that compromise is not acceptable.

We need to push and keep gun control advocates on the defensive because to the extent the public is frustrated that no significant progress is made to make schools safer it is because the gun control fanatics are so obsessed with getting rid of firearms and attacking the gun culture that they are literally willing to hold our children hostage in schools while they refuse to institute proven practical and affordable safety measures that other small and large businesses and venues all across the nation have been using for years.

The public needs to realize that yes indeed there are 'gun fanatics' who are impeding progress, but they are the ANTI-gun fanatics; THE LOSS OF INNOCENT CHILDREN'S LIVES FALLS SQUARELY UPON THE SHOULDERS OF THOSE WHO INSIST ON INEFFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS THINGS LIKE "UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a friend that was in the Navy
    Flew sub chasers out of Maine
    Said he had never been on a boat and never fired a gun

Because there were more nuke jobs than there were nukes, Most of the instructors at Nuclear Power School were DIO. Direct Input Officer (if I remember right).
    They were hired right out of college with an offer to help pay their bills, they taught nuke school, and NEVER boarded a ship or stood watch.
    They put on a uniform and taught. They mostly worked office hours, except once in a while they had to be the night teacher, to answer questions from nukes trying to do their "homework" in the evening. (All homework done at school, cause they FROWN on people taking classified materials out of the building.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I doubt it will go anywhere but with the way the “grand old party” is moving who knows?
    This is purely a political move by the Democrats. They knew their bill did'nt stand a chance in the Senate so they threw everything in there including the kitchen sink as a political statement just to get a vote on record to use in the midterms. They never even attempted to negotiate in good faith otherwise. It's all about political power.

Top Bottom