• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "The number one killer —more than car accidents, more than cancer," Biden said. "Over the last two decades, more school children have died from guns than on-duty police officers and active-duty military combined."

I call ********.

obiden is a lying sack of ****.

obiden can GTH

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    "The number one killer —more than car accidents, more than cancer," Biden said. "Over the last two decades, more school children have died from guns than on-duty police officers and active-duty military combined."

I call ********.

Since this study, and every previous one like it that I can recall, classifies "children" as people from ages 1-19, the claim doesn't surprise me. How many gang-bangers plus innocent victims of their shootings are under the age of 20 in Chicago alone?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/own-guns-read-know-well-100000059.html

the views of a traitor.

now...i do support red flag laws. as long as they are justly enforced. LE should follow up on reports of potentially violent persons. noone should have their firearm(s) taken by force or threat without due process.

the rest of what this turd is talking is bs.

then you have the "celebrities" talking about "gun control". yet they ALL have armed security surrounding them & their families.

i have been home from work sick all week. i watched part of The View the other day. the black chick that looks like a mule with lipstick was going on about the kid using an auomatic rifle. and noone on stage corrected her. the only broad that made ANY valid point was the cute blonde. she said something to the effect of enforcing laws already on the books. then she lost me by echoing the bs that mary the mule was pushing.

my takeaway was: they don't care about the truth. they don't care about solving any violent problems. and they certainly don't care about our children.
    You’re never gonna get well if you watch that drivel. Might even make you sicker!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I call ********.
    ...or covid?

No school shootings at Zoom school. If this is true, just tell CDC to close em all down again. :dunno:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Since this study, and every previous one like it that I can recall, classifies "children" as people from ages 1-19, the claim doesn't surprise me. How many gang-bangers plus innocent victims of their shootings are under the age of 20 in Chicago alone?
    This X1000.

If one were to break down the stats further, say 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-19, the VAST majority of the deaths will be in highest age bracket with a steep drop as age decreases. If you break it down further by the race of the victim, well, it might get uncomfortable.

That's not to say those deaths are any less tragic, but the solutions to reducing the number of them are vastly different than anything being suggested.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This X1000.

If one were to break down the stats further, say 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-19, the VAST majority of the deaths will be in highest age bracket with a steep drop as age decreases. If you break it down further by the race of the victim, well, it might get uncomfortable.

That's not to say those deaths are any less tragic, but the solutions to reducing the number of them are vastly different than anything being suggested.
    ^^This, exactly. The solution to a 1-5 yr old being exposed to something dangerous in your house is "childproof the house", as they are too young to understand, "Don't touch" if there is no consequence to doing so.
    The solution for a 6-10 yr old might be to begin educating, instilling good habits, and still implementing parental control of the dangerous thing.
    An 11-15 year old needs to be taught to understand and the beginnings of trust need to start (i.e. a kid might have his BB gun on the wall in his bedroom, under lock or not.

On my unit at work, a nurse took a patient a cup of hot coffee, which she/we had been doing for a few days without incident. However it happened, the patient spilled the coffee, and was immediately treated, but the response was to take out the coffee maker... Within a day, it was unhooked from the water supply, unplugged, and removed from the unit, at the same time we were given a cooking thermometer and told we could microwave whatever was left in the carafes from the kitchen, or we could make instant, but in any case, we had to temp it before it went to the patient, and it could not be served warmer than a given temperature.... 150F, I think it was.

No thought was given to "turn down the big coffee maker", or to "pour it and serve it after temping", the whole machine was just removed. I get that there was probably input from legal, for that, and they had to show that they'd "done something".... But this was not the approach I think was appropriate, even coming from someone who does not drink coffee. I'm going to advocate for the return of the coffee maker in the coming few days.

I would like to see @ghuns ' suggestion implemented, that we break the stats down by age and by race, including the race of the person committing the act of violence, and that of the victim as well.

If we could include whether the violent act was committed as part of other unlawful activity, i.e. gang, that would be the icing on the cake.

Blessings,
    Bill

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I watch the main stream media talking heads from time to time just to keep an eye on what the commie ****bags are up to.

Today, the hack that calls itself donna brazile was talking about how she knows about guns because her dad was in the military.

Well, with a background like having a family member that was in the military, you are an expert!

She was referencing something called a "semi assault rifle.". Her dad must have been in special forces or something....I have never heard of a "semi assault rifle". It must be top secret or something.

She also said nobody needs 20 rounds to shoot a critter.

Well, I would say it depends on what kind of critter needs to be shot and how many of them there are. The two legged variety can be particularly dangerous.

What a piece of **** this ***** is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I watch the main stream media talking heads from time to time just to keep an eye on what the commie ****bags are up to.

Today, the hack that calls itself donna brazile was talking about how she knows about guns because her dad was in the military.

Well, with a background like having a family member that was in the military, you are an expert!

She was referencing something called a "semi assault rifle.". Her dad must have been in special forces or something....I have never heard of a "semi assault rifle". It must be top secret or something.

She also said nobody needs 20 rounds to shoot a critter.

Well, I would say it depends on what kind of critter needs to be shot and how many of them there are. The two legged variety can be particularly dangerous.

What a piece of **** this ***** is.

That's like when I hear... I was going to join, but then I got into college.

Or, a coworker was okay we ME have an "assault weapon", because of all the "military training" I had.
    Dude. I was on a nuke on a submarine. How much small arms training do you think I had.
    I've had MORE training in a single day training as a civie, as I had in SIX YEARS in the military.

Top Bottom