• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Speaking of Joe, Pete, and RePete ... I have an amusing little anecdote from Sunday.

The three of them were at Bob Evans (in Clarksville, I think) when they saw me from behind walking between some tables. Pete came up behind me and, grabbed my suspenders, and snapped 'em!

Yeah, imagine how surprised I was. But I wasn't the one who was most surprised . . . because I was still in my hotel room when this happened.

Yeah, Big Pete snapped the suspenders on a complete stranger. Joe did not share any of the details of what happened after the mistake in identity was revealed, but I can dream. I can only imagine what the handsome devil who resembled me must have thought. "Holy Crap! This giant wants to make sweet, sweet love to me!"

Joe B and RePete were thoroughly amused, as was I when he told me the story.

DOH!!

:facepalm:

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I talked to Jake about getting a CZ to try in production. He shot one a couple of years ago and I am sure he will trot it back out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Given all the miles I've logged recently, I'm going to forego Warsaw on Sunday.

Apologies to anyone who was counting on me being there!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey everyone would this be a good first match ?
    It looks like it's about 3hrs from home but I'm off Sunday and that is a rare thing?

It is a club match, and it is way up there, but it is likely as good a match as any to start. This will be my first time up there but I like the guys who are putting on the match and I bet it will be a good match.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    It was a good match even if it was rough on single stack guys lie me. I learned that I need to practice more and that I hate Texas Stars!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude! The Texas Star is fun, especially if it's already turning before you get to shoot the first plate!

Wait for it . . . wait for it . . . BANG!

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Its more like, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit (rinse and repeat).

This was my first USPSA Match and on my first stage there was 2 count them 2 Texas Stars! I won't even get into the hard covered moving target or the waving target....

I did have a great time and I will do it again!

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    This match was a little too far away for me, but I ended up going back down to Silver Creek and experiencing some major deja vu!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    D'OH! I forgot it was your first time!

Did someone tell you to shoot from the top to the bottom?

Steel in general is tough because it draws your focus from the front sight to the target. When it's moving, like the Star, it's worse because we're hard wired to react to movement. It's not easy to shoot the star, but the key watching your front sight, having good trigger control, and following through (getting back on the front sight right after the trigger press).

Simple, but not necessarily easy!

Wait 'til you start 3-gun and get to do it with a shotgun. Watching someone shoot the Star with #7.5 or 8 birdshot with a cylinder bore shotgun is painful as they shoot and shoot and their tiny pellets just splatter and the plates just kind of wiggle. :D

Its more like, hit, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, hit (rinse and repeat).

This was my first USPSA Match and on my first stage there was 2 count them 2 Texas Stars! I won't even get into the hard covered moving target or the waving target....

I did have a great time and I will do it again!

Top Bottom