• Total voters

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The local USPSA or Steel Match is about the only way I can get out and really test a gun anymore. With work, kids, family, friends..... the wife only lets me sneak away so much. So appreciate the opportunity to be able to really show up with anything and shoot it. Maybe my attitude about being competitive is not the right one to have been but a 160+ round match with reloads is a great way to figure out if something is reliable or not.

Rumor has it that for some, USPSA matches are their shooting practice. :dunno:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Comparing USPSA to carry is Impossible at best. IDPA as well. Carry situations in real Life USA are quick 2-3 second ordeals. USA has not become a war zone so there is a very good chance it will be pretty much a BILL DRILL or maybe a double BILL DRILL.

Now if the SHTF then we will all carry a different and mine will be an AR10. The gun on my hip will be a last resort.

USPSA has improved my shooting skills and that is why. Other than that it is just fun shooting fast or at least as fast as I can

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    not to take anything away from gabe, he's a tremendous shooter, but he's using a G34 w/ mag extensions. not what most would consider typical carry gear. other than being minor and iwb (which he's skinnier than a flag pole so draws wouldn't add that much time), what disadvantage does he have over the G35 I shoot in limited? Heck there's no reason he couldn't go .40 if he so chose. I guess my point is he's hardly the poster child for using "carry gear" in a match...

-rvb

But that is what he carries. Actually I think he has switched to a Gen5 G17, at least he is currently working with one. I wil ask him in class next weekend.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    But that is what he carries. Actually I think he has switched to a Gen5 G17, at least he is currently working with one. I wil ask him in class next weekend.

It does not fit the narrative of what many people think of as carry gear. High Capacity magazines and and a big gun. That is not carry gear. It is heavy, and harder to conceal and that is not a recipe for carry gear. All that weight on your belt that cannot be done. Why carry gear that is going to allow you to win if a gun fight ever comes along. A five shot revolver will keep the bad men away with its magical powers. A Glock 42 should be more than enough to stop and attack that endangers you and your family plus it is easy to carry. Big guns and magazines are just silly, and a back up gun please get this thought process under control.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    attachment.php

38 snub nose, 1 shot kills from any distance, the other 4 rounds are just for balance.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    It does not fit the narrative of what many people think of as carry gear. High Capacity magazines and and a big gun. That is not carry gear. It is heavy, and harder to conceal and that is not a recipe for carry gear. All that weight on your belt that cannot be done. Why carry gear that is going to allow you to win if a gun fight ever comes along. A five shot revolver will keep the bad men away with its magical powers. A Glock 42 should be more than enough to stop and attack that endangers you and your family plus it is easy to carry. Big guns and magazines are just silly, and a back up gun please get this thought process under control.

Sorry. I am a little thick headed some times.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This topic comes up time to time. I see it as two separate things. USPSA is a sport/competition. Carrying a gun is deciding to take your safety into your own hands. The two compliment each other but neither are required.

I stopped at page 3 because this guy said all there is to say. We're all shooters. Why can't we be on the same team?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

:whistle:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Time to switch back to the NAA belt buckle 22lr
    Style and practical...boom

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I just remembered watching "Shooting USA" when they cover the IDPA BUG Nationals. You need one of those tally clickers they use at amusement parks to count people entering in order to keep track of the number of times either Joyce Wilson or one of the hosts said "these are the guns people really carry" or stated or implied that no one carries a full size pistol.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Shooting birds is on the short list of my favorite things. The time I spent doing that in my youth. Good times. Good times.

Top Bottom