• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dshock07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Just started shooting USPSA last year. Currently running a Gen 4 Glock 17 MOS in production division. Debating on moving to carry optics this year (would have to go out and get a dot). Wanted to see if anyone has any input or is it mostly a preference thing. Only drawback I have with production is the 10rd limit on mags but I thought I read that would be changing this year.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yep, Prod went to 15. It's a preference thing, mainly based on your vision. Do both and see what you like. The dot would be worth it, just for dry firing purposes. It can be very educational. People who are new to both a) USPSA and b) dots can find the combination to be inhibiting at first. But dryfiring will ease the transition.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Just started shooting USPSA last year. Currently running a Gen 4 Glock 17 MOS in production division. Debating on moving to carry optics this year (would have to go out and get a dot). Wanted to see if anyone has any input or is it mostly a preference thing. Only drawback I have with production is the 10rd limit on mags but I thought I read that would be changing this year.
    You will get lots of opinions. One thing I might suggest is shooting the 15 round production or trying Limited minor with high cap mags. 10 round production can be all consuming when getting started. The stage planning is more complex. If you shoot a division where you have one mag change you can focus on the shooting more. This may open up your thoughts to what you would like to do.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    What longbeard said, once you shoot some matches with 140 mm mags you will feel the draw to the darkside and will then mortgage your house for a 2011 open gun and rig. Just kidding……. Not

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    If you’re not having trouble seeing the sights I’d say run Prod with 15 rounds in the Glock for a while and then decide. If your eyes are old, get a dot and join the crowd in CO.

Top Bottom