• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You haven't shot my Smith & Wesson 5906, have you . . .

You can get one and a box full of mags for less than the price of a Glock!

:D

Ohhh!!! I'm in lust. The 59/5900 series has long been one of my faves. I may never forgive Cathy for trading hers, which I'd really intended to be MINE, away.

You wanna trade? :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not really ... in the event I choose shoot in production division or stock service pistol, it's my go-to gun! Plus I might carry it occasionally.

I used to see them in the display case at Plainfield Shooting Supplies all the time.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not really ... in the event I choose shoot in production division or stock service pistol, it's my go-to gun! Plus I might carry it occasionally.

I used to see them in the display case at Plainfield Shooting Supplies all the time.

Yup, and usually for fantastic prices. I'll pick another up sooner or later. These are one of the great bargains on the used gun market, IMHO.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Glock dominates the Production division... come to the dark side.... we have better kool-aide... and cheaper mags... and more accessories... :D

annnndddddd we have COOKIES !!!!!!

:D :): :laugh:

======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Both. You'll see lots of either. Most of the shooters who are serious about shooting a Glock in Production Division will choose a G34 if they're buying a gun specifically for USPSA.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Which 34's or 17's ?

mostly the 34, which is what I shot in Production last season. Sold that for some hunting gear and am debaiting what route I want to go this season.

I'm waiting to see when/if they put out a Gen4 Glock 17 with the adjustable backstraps and the RTF2 grip.

I may also look at a Gen4 Glock 22 so I can shoot both Production and Limited with some simple changes.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    mostly the 34, which is what I shot in Production last season. Sold that for some hunting gear and am debaiting what route I want to go this season.

I'm waiting to see when/if they put out a Gen4 Glock 17 with the adjustable backstraps and the RTF2 grip.

I may also look at a Gen4 Glock 22 so I can shoot both Production and Limited with some simple changes.

Great idea, I like the idea of being able to shoot .40 or 9mm

BTW. I here the Glock 22 will be in some local shops this week.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Great idea, I like the idea of being able to shoot .40 or 9mm

BTW. I here the Glock 22 will be in some local shops this week.

Let me know if you see something, I called OMB Guns (who we use for the GSSF discount) today and they don't expect the Gen 4's until later this month.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hick, what's a good price on a 34? New or used.

Shooter521 could probably tell you what they go for locally. They are rarely for sell, the only one I've seen recently was mine, which I of course regret now.

If buying new, you can get a G34 from OMB Guns using the GSSF discount for $481+$25 shipped to your local gun shop. On the other hand, I can do the same with the new Gen4 G17 for $398+$25.

Since I already know I'm not going to use the trigger and sights from the G34, it's cheaper for me to just get the 17 and put in the sights and trigger I want.

The 3 differences I know of between the 34 and 17 are that the G34 has a better trigger, adjustable sights and the top section of the slide is cut out.

Don't get me wrong though, the G34 is my favorite out of the box.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Shooter521 could probably tell you what they go for locally. They are rarely for sell, the only one I've seen recently was mine, which I of course regret now.

If buying new, you can get a G34 from OMB Guns using the GSSF discount for $481+$25 shipped to your local gun shop. On the other hand, I can do the same with the new Gen4 G17 for $398+$25.

Since I already know I'm not going to use the trigger and sights from the G34, it's cheaper for me to just get the 17 and put in the sights and trigger I want.

The 3 differences I know of between the 34 and 17 are that the G34 has a better trigger, adjustable sights and the top section of the slide is cut out.

What is this GSSF discount you speak of... and how much is it? For example, how much could I get a Glock 19 for with the discount?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

$35 first year, $25 each year after. You get one couple per year for the discount.

A G18 is $398.20+$15 shipping, that includes the 10%Fed Excise tax.

I was mistaken on the shipping in my previous post, their shipping is $15, not $25.

Being a GSSF member also entitles you to take the Glock Armorers course, as well as shooting in their matches, etc.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008

I'm no GLOCK expert, but I think the biggest difference between the 34 and 17 is the longer sight radius… the slide is 207 mm vs. 186 mm. Might make a difference for those 50 yd. shots. :)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm no GLOCK expert, but I think the biggest difference between the 34 and 17 is the longer sight radius… the slide is 207 mm vs. 186 mm. Might make a difference for those 50 yd. shots. :)

Darn it Chun-Yu, I knew there was a reason I was gonna have to get a G34/35

The tactical models have 30mm longer sight radius. Good catch for the XD Tactical shooter who knows he wants a G34 :D

Top Bottom