• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    The Ft Wayne is at Bass and Bucks, correct?

I'm a member of WRPC (WPRC?), I wish they offered IDPA or USPSA. I know a couple guys up here that would be game.
    over the past couple years ive heard that warsaw wanted to start shooting USPSA again, but the MD wasnt getting much support. i know he was planning to have a match late last year, no idea if it happened or not.
    warsaw does shoot a 4 stage steel challenge match every month.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you don't mind the drive check out Tim's in Westfield for the Action pistol match... New shooter needs to show up a little early but as long as you are safe any gear is acceptable.. I don't know why there are more matches like Tim's. Coach ran the Carry gun match at Parabellum and everyone that was safe was welcome.. I also appreciate what he called the "big boy" rules.. Range was hot, gun stayed in the holster unless you were on the firing line ready to go, same thought process as carry in public. People that unholstered for ANY reason were excused from the range for the evening. I miss Coach, they broke the mold after extracting him.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    If you don't mind the drive check out Tim's in Westfield for the Action pistol match... New shooter needs to show up a little early but as long as you are safe any gear is acceptable.. I don't know why there are more matches like Tim's. Coach ran the Carry gun match at Parabellum and everyone that was safe was welcome.. I also appreciate what he called the "big boy" rules.. Range was hot, gun stayed in the holster unless you were on the firing line ready to go, same thought process as carry in public. People that unholstered for ANY reason were excused from the range for the evening. I miss Coach, they broke the mold after extracting him.
    On most hot range matches, the idea is to be street ready for the string of fire. Therefore Hot Range Matches should not allow press checks, dot maintenance/confirmation to start the string.

Big boy matches are fine until they are not. 2 years ago an IDPA shooter shot her foot at the Worlds I think as she was waiting in the HOT line.

Also, if one does run a HOT range, there had better be a ratio of 1 to 3 Ro’s/Competitor as I have witnessed gun handling in the non peripheral vision of 1 or 2 RO’s per crowd.

We ran a HOT range at John Shaw’s range 30 years ago with ample coverage and no problems.

But we trusted no one just because he said he was a big boy.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    The Ft Wayne is at Bass and Bucks, correct?

I'm a member of WRPC (WPRC?), I wish they offered IDPA or USPSA. I know a couple guys up here that would be game.
    If you are a member of WRPC, the letter with membership renewal info mailed to you in early Dec. spelled it out. Did you attend the annual membership meeting in Jan where issues were discussed ? Have you attended any meetings and talked to anyone on the BOD ? Have you offered to volunteer and help as needed ?

You apparently do not know but we were very active with USPSA for many years. 2nd Sunday April - October. Probably averaged 40-45 shooters t monthly matches for years. We held section& state matches several times. There is no lack of interest in having matches again at Warsaw. The issue is man power. Before can have matches poeple need to step up...younger people. We need CRO/match director, RO’s, set up crew, etc. The generation of us that did this for many years can’t do it anymore. That is the issue. And yes the wheels are moving somewhat for hopefully something this year but nothing is for sure yet.

Fort Wayne - fwrrclub.org

Last edited:

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    If you are a member of WRPC, the letter with membership renewal info mailed to you in early Dec. spelled it out. Did you attend the annual membership meeting in Jan where issues were discussed ? Have you attended any meetings and talked to anyone on the BOD ? Have you offered to volunteer and help as needed ?

You apparently do not know but we were very active with USPSA for many years. 2nd Sunday April - October. Probably averaged 40-45 shooters t monthly matches for years. We held section& state matches several times. There is no lack of interest in having matches again at Warsaw. The issue is man power. Before can have matches poeple need to step up...younger people. We need CRO/match director, RO’s, set up crew, etc. The generation of us that did this for many years can’t do it anymore. That is the issue. And yes the wheels are moving somewhat for hopefully something this year but nothing is for sure yet.

Fort Wayne - fwrrclub.org
    To answer your questions, no, no, and yes.

I moved to Warsaw in 2020. At that time, USPSA was on the WRPC website, but they had stopped hosting the events. If I recall correctly, in 2019, right before I showed up. I joined the club, talked to the new member fella about USPSA/IDPA matches, told him I've got an IDPA RO cert, and offered to pitch in at that time.

Even though I keep paying the dues to support the local club, I haven't been to WRPC once since going through the orientation. I'll pitch in, help set up, RO if I can, if matches start happening, as I do at ACC. Unfortunately participation beyond that is probably going to be impossible for me. Steel challenge takes place during ACC IDPA and Thursday nights are a hard no for me.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    On most hot range matches, the idea is to be street ready for the string of fire. Therefore Hot Range Matches should not allow press checks, dot maintenance/confirmation to start the string.

Big boy matches are fine until they are not. 2 years ago an IDPA shooter shot her foot at the Worlds I think as she was waiting in the HOT line.

Also, if one does run a HOT range, there had better be a ratio of 1 to 3 Ro’s/Competitor as I have witnessed gun handling in the non peripheral vision of 1 or 2 RO’s per crowd.

We ran a HOT range at John Shaw’s range 30 years ago with ample coverage and no problems.

We were somewhat self policed but Coach, on his own, managed to keep 20 -25 people safe for a couple of years of matches. Rules were simple and zero tolerance was explained at the shooters meeting and we managed to avoid bloodshed.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I’m not a cop, so that’s my problem. Not sure if I put that in my first comment. I just have a standard duty style kit. Plate carrier, belt, helmet, nods, etc,..

100% was IDPA or USPSA event. It was a total **** show and several people around Kokomo told me it would be lol
    Agree to disagree on this. I am the USPSA MD. Have been for years and was assistant MD before that. Barring rain delays we don't start hours late. I won't speak directly for IDPA, but they run a tight ship as well. Also, no matches start at 9 am. 10am in the warm months. Others at 11.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    So just to get back on thread track is there any affiliated club in IN switching to hitfactor matches and withholding fees from headquarters?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    To answer your questions, no, no, and yes.

I moved to Warsaw in 2020. At that time, USPSA was on the WRPC website, but they had stopped hosting the events. If I recall correctly, in 2019, right before I showed up. I joined the club, talked to the new member fella about USPSA/IDPA matches, told him I've got an IDPA RO cert, and offered to pitch in at that time.

Even though I keep paying the dues to support the local club, I haven't been to WRPC once since going through the orientation. I'll pitch in, help set up, RO if I can, if matches start happening, as I do at ACC. Unfortunately participation beyond that is probably going to be impossible for me. Steel challenge takes place during ACC IDPA and Thursday nights are a hard no for me.
    Wednesday nights.

2020 was the beginning of Covid, so everything shut down. After that previous match director ( for couple years prior Covid ) decided to drop out. No one since has tried to take it on until now..., possibly, maybe. Sorry it sounded like I was coming down on you. Little sensitive as we have heard complaints, ask for help…rinse, repeat but no one steps up and really follows thru except for SC. Or they do, get trained, start, then soon quit for whatever reason. Very frustrating. Same as many clubs and organizations.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Yeah idk the real difference between the two, I’m just trying to go out and shoot and have fun and people aren’t about me having fun hahaha
    You are always welcome. As with any sport. Rules are rules. If you can find a pick-up basketball game that doesn't call travel or double dribble let me know. I'd like to play.

The thigh holster rule is hardly a barrier. Just move it up to your belt.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, seems to be quite a few people who post negativity about USPSA (and other disciplines) who don't participate or hold an active membership or perhaps never even participated to begin with.

The people who love the game and participate more than casually and are either for or against the current issues... I respect their opinions. I see them at matches. They are p**sed bc they want to see change for the hobby they enjoy.

I don't have much regard for passerby's looking to s**t on things they aren't even involved in. I would think the lack of participation is enough.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, seems to be quite a few people who post negativity about USPSA (and other disciplines) who don't participate or hold an active membership or perhaps never even participated to begin with.

The people who love the game and participate more than casually and are either for or against the current issues... I respect their opinions. I see them at matches. They are p**sed bc they want to see change for the hobby they enjoy.

I don't have much regard for passerby's looking to s**t on things they aren't even involved in. I would think the lack of participation is enough.
    I am the opposite of wanting “change” lol if up to me you’d be shooting in open division gamer! Minor scoring too Bwahahaha

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I am the opposite of wanting “change” lol if up to me you’d be shooting in open division gamer! Minor scoring too Bwahahaha
    Well... maybe change in the way it's run..

I don't see you too unhappy about Limited Optics. I gotta feeling you got some new toys that are gonna debut this spring!

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Wednesday nights.

2020 was the beginning of Covid, so everything shut down. After that previous match director ( for couple years prior Covid ) decided to drop out. No one since has tried to take it on until now..., possibly, maybe. Sorry it sounded like I was coming down on you. Little sensitive as we have heard complaints, ask for help…rinse, repeat but no one steps up and really follows thru except for SC. Or they do, get trained, start, then soon quit for whatever reason. Very frustrating. Same as many clubs and organizations.

You'll have to update your website, it's showing meetings Thursday nights: http://www.wrpclub.org/warsaw-rifle-and-pistol-club-scheduled-events/

Either way I really can't do weekday nights of any variety.

If you do start holding matches and I hear about it, I'll be on board to help set up and any other assistance I can provide, but you're probably not going to catch me at a board meeting.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Well... maybe change in the way it's run..

I don't see you too unhappy about Limited Optics. I gotta feeling you got some new toys that are gonna debut this spring!
    Actually no, I took apart the franken limited optics that kept breaking and comped it back out. I’m about to melt down the canik into a more useful and reliable hammer. So it’s limited and open for me in 2024.

Top Bottom