• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    [FONT=&amp]For sale is a pristine condition USFA .45 Colt single Action with a 4 3/4” barrel, beautiful case hardened frame and all paperwork and box. This gun has been fired, but you'd never know it from the condition.
    USFA was in business for about 20 years, making SAA off of the old Colt machinery in the original Hartford, CT factory. Many cowboy shooters and gun buffs acknowledge that these guns were made BETTER than the actual Colt SAA ever was. This IS NOT the cheaper Rodeo version. This is the original color case hardened frame version with the "Gunfighter" length barrel. An unfired one of these models with box and paperwork is going for over $2800 on Gunbroker.

This one is for sale for $2,250

I am located in Southern Indiana, and can travel up to 50 miles for the sale. This includes Bloomington, Colombus and Clarksville.
    PM if interested or if needing more pictures.

[/FONT]
    USFA.JPG DSC00322.jpg [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Back to top.....nice gun here folks!

This is a write up and some pics from forum member BAC over at Glock Talk who collects hi-end weapons. The gun pictured is the same as mine with the 7.5" barrel (Mine is the shorter 4.75").

I figured to post a few of my USFA handguns from the once proud company in CT. These beautifully manufactured firearms were top notch all the way with outstanding parts quality, no MIM, amazing fitting, and some of the finest finishes I've ever seen on a handgun.

I'm lucky enough to own two of their SAA clones, which are nicer than any Colt SAA I've owned or handled, and their very seldom seen Model 1911.

I've always been a HUGE fan of USFA products and I was sad to see them go under. They were simply not selling enough guns to justify the manufacturing costs. Instead of cheapening their handguns (as so many other companies have done), USFA stopped production altogether. Quite frankly, I'd rather that than the former.

Anyway, please enjoy the pics and post your USFA's as well.
    clear.png

SAA 45 Colt

img_4132-jpg.464592

img_4131-jpg.464590

img_4133-jpg.464594

img_4134-jpg.464596

img_4135-jpg.464598

img_4137-jpg.464602

img_4136-jpg.464606

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    [FONT=&amp]For sale is a pristine condition USFA .45 Colt single Action with a 4 3/4” barrel, beautiful case hardened frame and all paperwork and box. This gun has been fired, but you'd never know it from the condition.
    USFA was in business for about 20 years, making SAA off of the old Colt machinery in the original Hartford, CT factory. Many cowboy shooters and gun buffs acknowledge that these guns were made BETTER than the actual Colt SAA ever was. This IS NOT the cheaper Rodeo version. This is the original color case hardened frame version with the "Gunfighter" length barrel. An unfired one of these models with box and paperwork is going for over $2800 on Gunbroker.

This one is for sale for $2,250

I am located in Southern Indiana, and can travel up to 50 miles for the sale. This includes Bloomington, Colombus and Clarksville.
    PM if interested or if needing more pictures.

[/FONT]
    View attachment 70924 View attachment 70925 [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    Maybe it is my computer but I don't see the cylinder pin release in the photo?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Trapper Jim, this one is a black powder frame, like the original Single Action Army was up till about 1890. The base pin is secured by a screw through the front of the frame under the base pin.

Top Bottom