US Senator Cand. Debate Tonight! 7 PM (Oct 16, 2022)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    how does one get onto the primary?
    Get the required number of signatures on the petitions from each congressional district and one is on the primary ballot. Niederberger did not even get the signatures needed to get on the ballot if I remember correctly.

Apparently no one was enthused enough to defeat Young, he is a marine you know LOL, and do the heavy lifting get someone on the ballot to even have a chance to defeat him. They did the work in Wyoming and Liz Cheney is not on the republican ballot. You cannot get more establishment than Liz and TPTB in DC republicans likely wanted her back, but she was defeated. The same can be done to Young if folks will do the work to defeat him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a very weak out because you don't have anything.
    Really. The fact that establishment republicans are admitting that they are losing to Trump, his candidates and his platform, is not a plan?

The Bulwark says “What these two dynamics proved was a simple fact: In the Republican party as it is currently constituted, political power emanates completely and totally from Donald Trump.”

“With vanishingly few exceptions, a Republican cannot be openly opposed to Trump on any grounds—even on simple matters of fact, such as who won the 2020 election—and retain political power. Some especially skillful Republicans have managed to advance by being generally positive, but largely silent, about some aspects of Trump. But the Republicans who have advanced most are those who broadcast, in the most vehement and submissive modes possible, their total subservience—not just to the MAGA agenda, but to Trump the man. In all policies, ideas, facts, and forms.”

“The end result of this truth is that it has driven the Good Republican—that rare animal who was supposed to be the post-Trump future of the GOP—to near extinction.”

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Really. The fact that establishment republicans are admitting that they are losing to Trump, his candidates and his platform, is not a plan?

The Bulwark says “What these two dynamics proved was a simple fact: In the Republican party as it is currently constituted, political power emanates completely and totally from Donald Trump.”

“With vanishingly few exceptions, a Republican cannot be openly opposed to Trump on any grounds—even on simple matters of fact, such as who won the 2020 election—and retain political power. Some especially skillful Republicans have managed to advance by being generally positive, but largely silent, about some aspects of Trump. But the Republicans who have advanced most are those who broadcast, in the most vehement and submissive modes possible, their total subservience—not just to the MAGA agenda, but to Trump the man. In all policies, ideas, facts, and forms.”

“The end result of this truth is that it has driven the Good Republican—that rare animal who was supposed to be the post-Trump future of the GOP—to near extinction.”
    Let me quote what you said again.

"You want control of the party you have to take it"

Now everyone is supposed to be Trump and have Trump's backing.

Keep spinning.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Let me quote what you said again.

"You want control of the party you have to take it"

Now everyone is supposed to be Trump and have Trump's backing.

Keep spinning.
    You asked for a plan. The Trump plan is the template. He wanted control of the party he took it. Others are welcomed to join the MAGA team. The plan is stupidly simple, convince enough others to vote like you wish.

I do not see any of the loudest voices, declaring they will not vote for Young, doing what is needed to even get a viable option on the primary ballot. All it takes is 4500 signatures, 500 per congressional district, not brain surgery by any means but no one did it. That is the plan.

It is total BS to sit on a forum and claim some party makes all the decisions. They do not,
    particularly in the republican party, the rules are laid out and all that is needed is to just do it…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Then to spite a moderate you will allow a communist to win. I just don’t get you guys with the suicide wish.

Hope you enjoy that feeling you get by shunning Young when the out and out communists taking away guns, not a piece of plastic. What did you do to get your preferred candidate on the primary ballot?
    I brought him to INGO and he answered questions. All he needed was 500 signatures in each district to get on the ballot but I guess not enough were interested in him getting on the ballot because young is loved by so many here.
    He was so close but lacked a few signatures from northern districts. He got his 500+ in our district.
    I know know why McCain was always voted in. I always wondered why Arizona voted a leftist like him in. Now I know why it's the same excuse we are using here and now. Young is a closet commie like McCain, his votes definitely show that.
    I sent a forum member a large list of votes from him that were in line with the democrats. He was the only one interested in knowing. I believe he was surprised how bad Young really is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I brought him to INGO and he answered questions. All he needed was 500 signatures in each district to get on the ballot but I guess not enough were interested in him getting on the ballot because young is loved by so many here.
    He was so close but lacked a few signatures from northern districts. He got his 500+ in our district.
    I know know why McCain was always voted in. I always wondered why Arizona voted a leftist like him in. Now I know why it's the same excuse we are using here and now. Young is a closet commie like McCain, his votes definitely show that.
    I sent a forum member a large list of votes from him that were in line with the democrats. He was the only one interested in knowing. I believe he was surprised how bad Young really is.
    To be clear, I prefer young was out and a Cruz like senator in his place, but a 50/50 is better than 100% against.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You do realize that a party is just an association of people, you just need to get enough people to agree with you…
    Yes. The question is how to do that.

Being Trump is not an option.

Members in this thread have stated their plan to get the party to take notice and try to change it's direction and you told them not to.

We can't take control of a party. That is nothing more than hyperbole.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm assuming you're talking about @Danny Niederberger

He had a total of 7 posts on here In 1 month. If I remember correctly a few members asked questions but no response. Didn't seem like he really wanted to get his message across here and give us reason to support him :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes. The question is how to do that.

Being Trump is not an option.

Members in this thread have stated their plan to get the party to take notice and try to change it's direction and you told them not to.

We can't take control of a party. That is nothing more than hyperbole.
    Didn’t say to be Trump, they must lay out a vision or co-opt his to defeat these incumbents in primary elections. It is just ridiculious to think that making a communist an incumbent will teach anyone anything. A party is just an association of people with defined rules follow those rules and you can put anyone on the ballot.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm assuming you're talking about @Danny Niederberger

He had a total of 7 posts on here In 1 month. If I remember correctly a few members asked questions but no response. Didn't seem like he really wanted to get his message across here and give us reason to support him :dunno:
    You could have followed him emailed him like I did about questions he was willing to answer.
    Hopefully in 6 more years he'll have a better approach and if Young is out of the way maybe the support of the RNC.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You could have followed him emailed him like I did about questions he was willing to answer.
    Hopefully in 6 more years he'll have a better approach and if Young is out of the way maybe the support of the RNC.
    The question will be how does the party handle Braun's seat next time. Will they support him or throw someone like Holcomb against him

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The question will be how does the party handle Braun's seat next time. Will they support him or throw someone like Holcomb against him
    I think he'll be in for a long time. Hoosiers like a conservative unless a bunch of out of state leftist have moved in over the last 10 years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who is this “the party” and “they” that handles who runs against an incumbent senator? Sounds like you are alleged a puppet master, who is it?

Top Bottom