• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've heard they are tough, especially the metal ones. The less expensive plastic housed ones are a lightweight option. If it had the EOTech reticle, I'd have jumped on one. I've heard the battery life is vastly superior to the EOTech, too. I've looked through one, though, and the FOV appeared about the same as my EXPS3-0.

Certainly, if the Israeli military uses them, they are battle proven.

They all have forged aluminum bodies with polymer hoods now including the RDS Pro and M5. The aluminum hoods were on first batch of RDS (non-Pro model).

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can't wait to get my check so I can buy two new EoTech's, bet I am the only one purchasing them these days.
    Which I don't really understand? The maker themselves cannot figure out how to fix the problem, hence the buyback to avoid class action, so it's not a matter of IF, just WHEN. In light of the massiv buyback, not sure I understand how they keep selling new ones?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    They are selling new ones with info in the manual that states they don't hold their POA/POI... Sights haven't changed..

Correct, I have never had a issue out of the two EXPS's I have had, love using the optics, zero shift.

As for the RDS, I did 20min. of research and just from Amazon reviews alone it is a NO go!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So where can I buy an EOtech for cheap? They still seem to be high after this news I would figure I'd see more of a discount
    It boggles my mind to know that people are still knowingly buying these things at full price! The manufacturer has stated that they are ALL defective, just a matter of time as to when it fails? Would I buy one at a substantially discounted price to put on a training only rifle, probably, if I could get a half off or better EXPS, but there are still cops running these things in public?

tmater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Finally the government did something to help us! I have 2 and haven't experienced any problems but I'm not going to risk my life, they are going back. I just hope the progress doesn't slow to a crawl as it goes on.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Still playing phone tag with them. I keep calling and asking about that paper I need. They keep telling me that they "have escellated the question and someone will call me in a day or two." Got that 3 times already. I'm going to call again tomorrow and ask for a supervisor. Getting tired of this thing sitting beside me when it was approved at the end of last month. I can't mail it out until the answer my question.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    They don't send you any papers. You print it off yourself and enclose it inside when you mail back your Eotech.

I know that now, after I got my confirmation email. I mentioned it up thread. I didn't see any instructions to print out the request when I first did it. It could have been a script blocker and that didn't display, or I just missed it. Either way, I don't have that paper. They accepted my request and issued me a case#. I saw they wanted the item, the printed email and the original printed request. Since I didn't have that I called them and asked what they wanted me to do. All 3 times they put me on hold to ask someone higher up and all 3 times they came back and said someone would call me about it. I asked when and was told I would be called back in the order of my request. This has been dragging on since the 30th. It's boxed and ready to go.

Top Bottom