• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am sure all three "Big" news outlets will be leading with this story.

No, no that's right, they are leading with the $4.00 a gallon gas prices. Chuck Shummer will be holding a press conference to express his outrage.

Nope, wait they are leading with there have been 2121 U.S. soldiers killed so far in Afghanistan. While 630 of those deaths occurred in 8 years under Bush, 1491 of those deaths have occurred in less than 3 1/2 years under Obama.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    284368_432890523415121_1619626369_n.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Up until smokingman bumped this thread with the Moody's downgrade, it sat here without any notice.

I was going to bump it a few days after I started it but thought, meh, clearly no one gives a crap.

It's actually a pretty decent example of how easily we get distracted by choosing dumb or dumber.

Or, it's just a boring topic.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I know the US down grade is a big deal in the large picture.That said with the Federal Reserve now buying 91% of all US Treasuries(74% of them for the past year)and setting interest rates at zero until at least 2015 the effect will be minimal.
    Since the FED is just printing money to buy our debt,and control the interest rate on that debt(forcing it to all time lows) we will not even notice any change from the downgrade.

There will be a change though.We are losing world reserve currency status,and the downgrades are just speeding that up.

So short term it will not affect treasury rates or raise the interest on our debt,long term it guarantees a loss of our reserve status.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :spend:Isn't everyone going to get inflation+ cost of living increases? The money is free all they have to do is make a journal entry :alcoholic: and drink the koolaid.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Up until smokingman bumped this thread with the Moody's downgrade, it sat here without any notice.

I was going to bump it a few days after I started it but thought, meh, clearly no one gives a crap.

It's actually a pretty decent example of how easily we get distracted by choosing dumb or dumber.

Or, it's just a boring topic.

Not necessarily. Some of us are just really busy and not the least bit surprised that this is happening. In fact, it is a necessary consequence of the present course of action. Of course, the majority of sheep are just saying to themselves. "everything is going to be OK...everything is going to be OK..."

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Not necessarily. Some of us are just really busy and not the least bit surprised that this is happening. In fact, it is a necessary consequence of the present course of action. Of course, the majority of sheep are just saying to themselves. "everything is going to be OK...everything is going to be OK..."

Yeah, have you seen the official status update? I'm a busy guy, demanding job, lots of travel, hubby, father, sole bread winner, blah, blah.

It's just hard to make that argument given other threads. No big deal, this just isn't a topic that seems to get a lot of response, for whatever the reason. People don't give a crap, don't know what to think of it, aren't surprised, etc...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, have you seen the official status update? I'm a busy guy, demanding job, lots of travel, hubby, father, sole bread winner, blah, blah.

It's just hard to make that argument given other threads. No big deal, this just isn't a topic that seems to get a lot of response, for whatever the reason. People don't give a crap, don't know what to think of it, aren't surprised, etc...

I can understand the frustration. I suppose I have just reached the point that I take the ship sinking as a foregone conclusion and have been focusing on making sure the raft is in order rather than fretting over the inevitable. Perhaps I am too pesimistic, but I don't see anything encouraging and everything I know about history tells me that we are in for it.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I can understand the frustration. I suppose I have just reached the point that I take the ship sinking as a foregone conclusion and have been focusing on making sure the raft is in order rather than fretting over the inevitable. Perhaps I am too pesimistic, but I don't see anything encouraging and everything I know about history tells me that we are in for it.

I wouldn't say you're being pessimistic but rather realistic. We are going full bore with getting our house in order, eliminating debt, buying hard assets, etc...

It's the smart move right now.

Top Bottom