• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Those square shaped boxes were mummified in packing tape and had the black and white limited quantity HAZMAT labels on them used for ammo. They weren't going to magically break open, even if dropped six feet to concrete. Even so, anyone seeing them would know there's ammunition inside them.
    Not necessarily. I see those labels show up on the packages containing cleaning supplies that occasionally show up on my porch. Every time I see that black and white tag, it gets my hope up.

Hellboy

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2023
    Charlestown
    I had this happen to me back in July last year while a rifle was returning from the manufacturer for some updates/repairs. The shipper will need to file a claim and you're going to have to deal with the BS telephone game. Get ahold of the compliance officer of the shipper and make sure it's on their radar and then stay on top of them while you are prepared to wait. Just to manage expectations, it took them 4 months to settle for my rifle (saying I got lucky to just be screwed is an understatement) and we are still dealing with optics and paperwork 8 months later. The good news is that if yours is new I would hope it is an easier process but I would still be prepared. If you would like more insight and info please feel free to message me and I'll pass on any guidance I can.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm hoping the OP @venenoindy gets a positive resolution, even if it takes some time with the claim and "UPS Investigation" the shipper claim will trigger. I'm expecting something will move on mine by Friday next week (15th).

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'd be curious if that FFL has had issues with other UPS deliveries besides yours. That's strange (not doubting you), because you'd think an FFL doing any regular volume of transfers would be having shipments coming in from all of the big 3 (UPS, USPS, FedEx).

I hope you get it worked out.
    Talking to them I was told a very odd thing. they mention that for some reason UPS have had tried to deliver at the owners house some firearms. I this point I want nothing to do with UPS. One of the retailers that I had issues with shipping UPS is actually shipping FEDEX instead.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm hoping the OP @venenoindy gets a positive resolution, even if it takes some time with the claim and "UPS Investigation" the shipper claim will trigger. I'm expecting something will move on mine by Friday next week (15th).
    Oddly enough both of my firearms that UPS did not know where they were all the sudden were return to sender. they never tried to deliver. the positive thing is both of my guns were actually return to sender and both received them already.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    One of the retailers wants to charge me $90.00 to ship it back out or refund me losing $260.00. I'm pretty upset (polite) and don't know what to do. Should I call my credit card and just fight the charge?

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of the retailers wants to charge me $90.00 to ship it back out or refund me losing $260.00. I'm pretty upset (polite) and don't know what to do. Should I call my credit card and just fight the charge?
    Wow, seems like their beef should be with the carrier that never tried to deliver. Not sure what would be best to do. Think I'd dispute it, but then not sure what may have been in their T&C's. But disputing would probably be my route as I'm assuming you have talked to the retailer already.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I'd call the retailer back.

It is no fault of your own that the company that they contracted with for delivery of said item, failed to deliver it. You provided payment in full and a proper, valid FFL delivery address.

I would expect nothing less than what you paid for or a refund in FULL.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow, seems like their beef should be with the carrier that never tried to deliver. Not sure what would be best to do. Think I'd dispute it, but then not sure what may have been in their T&C's. But disputing would probably be my route as I'm assuming you have talked to the retailer already.
    I tried to explain that it was UPS but they are going with what the tracking says. on the tracking says that the package was refused. I tried to explain but they don't care to listen.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I tried to explain that it was UPS but they are going with what the tracking says. on the tracking says that the package was refused. I tried to explain but they don't care to listen.
    if the FFL did not refuse it, and will make a statement of such you can dispute the charge because UPS never actually tried to deliver it..
    the retailer needs to make a claim with UPS to get their shipping fee back.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I'd be curious if that FFL has had issues with other UPS deliveries besides yours. That's strange (not doubting you), because you'd think an FFL doing any regular volume of transfers would be having shipments coming in from all of the big 3 (UPS, USPS, FedEx).

I hope you get it worked out.
    I’m curious if that route has multiple situations like this, maybe a lazy driver that doesn’t want to do deliveries (or possibly doesn’t want to deliver guns)

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Oddly enough both of my firearms that UPS did not know where they were all the sudden were return to sender. they never tried to deliver. the positive thing is both of my guns were actually return to sender and both received them already.
    Question, Who and when was the "Return to Sender" started?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The package was never loaded on to the truck or attempt delivery. something happen at UPS that internally triggered return to sender.
    I will say this, I used to own/ run an irrigation tool manufacturing company, my main customer had over 700 wholesale / retail stores.
    I've literately have shipped thousands of packages through UPS, USPS and maybe a hundred through FeEx. Someone/shipper/UPS employee that found missing packages started it or called UPS and had the RTC to get it started.
    I've had packages go missing for at least a week over the years and never once did UPS offer or start with me a RTS. There is a piece of this story missing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I actually had two firearms shipped via UPS and both had the same thing happen to them. identical situation same FFL. I'm working with both retailers to utilize an other carrier as I don't want anything to do with UPS and their b*****t. two different retailers same result.
    This is exceedingly odd. Two different retailers. Same carrier. Same FFL. There's a fly in the ointment somewhere.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Almost sounds as though a UPS employee was wanting to keep for themselves and chickened out. Made up the refusal to send back ?? Maybe UPS at that location should be checking on employees closer ?

Top Bottom