• ...and so much more!
  • sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I have had more problems with FedEx than UPS, BUT the WORST for receiving packages is the USPS.
    In Fishers where I used to live, and where I now live in Indy, the USPS will not get out of their truck to bring a package to my door that won't fit in my mailbox.

They'll CLAIM I wasn't home and couldn't deliver it, YET I knew it was out for delivery and will see them out my window not even get out of the truck to see if I was home.
    By the time I could get out to the street they were down the road.

So then I have to go to the Post Office and wait by some window off to the side where I have to ring some doorbell, and wait til they feel like responding.

It's now a deal breaker when a vendor INSISTS on using the USPS and won't allow me to pay extra to ship is another way.
    This happen to us as well, we filed a complaint with the local office, they still didnt do squat. File with i think it was called regional office, they will start to deliver correctly.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I personally wouldn't get any law enforcement entity involved in any part of my life unless it is absolutely 100% necessary.
    NEVER again here, too! I called the cops to my residence over the ex and her family trying to force themselves into my residence, and I also ended up in cuffs! I was the only one who had any bruises and marks in my own home! F@&K PORTAGE IN! They took my gun permit and a 45 pistol and wouldn't return it. They denied me when i kept applying for a lifetime. I moved promptly after! Once i moved to valpo, I had no issues. A few years, the county prosecutor was eventually arrested for falsely charging and framing many people. Rot in your cage, you commie!

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I actually ship exclusively USPS because I haven't had any problems with them in years other than package delays. It sounds like your problem is your local delivery person specifically. I have a 450 foot driveway that's a disaster if it snows at all and USPS will come down it to deliver mail. Actually, all the shipping companies will except UPS (who is smart enough to just put the package in my mailbox if it will fit). Several times a year I have to get the tow strap out and pull Amazon back up to the road.
    Not in my case.
    When I lived in Fishers, from 1987 to 2016, it was an ongoing problem.
    NOT once would they ever get out of the truck to deliver a package.
    They'd claim I wasn't home, them make me go to the post office to get my package.

In Indy, since early 2016 it's the same thing.
    If it won't fit in the box, they just drive on.
    ON ONE occasion, I got stuck with an expensive package coming that I didn't want to miss.
    So I parked my car by the street and sat there for 4 hours waiting for them to come.

When the driver came, he asked me what I was doing sitting there.
    I told him how they would never deliver anything that wouldn't fit in my mailbox.
    HE SAID "Oh yea? So they're back to doing that again!".

He went on to say that he was a Supervisor taking the route for that day, and there's been a problem with this.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Sounds like a lot of suburban folks could benefit from a rural, extra large mailbox (no way my old HOA would allow this monster)! Our mail carrier loves that I upgraded to this...after months of sticking Amazon packages at our gate, we finally bumped up to this monstrosity. I'm amazing how many packages will fit in it.

Screenshot_20240303_201234_Menards.jpg Screenshot_20240303_201217_Menards.jpg

We've never had a problem here with USPS or UPS (they all leave it somewhere by the gate), FedEx just tends to run late with their contractor drivers. If our usual UPS driver sees it's from PSA or similar, he'll ignore the "no trespassing" signs and run it the 500' to the house, which is very much appreciated. If I'm expecting ammo, I'll run out and meet him out there.

OP - hope it turns up soon or you get a full refund.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Sounds like a lot of suburban folks could benefit from a rural, extra large mailbox (no way my old HOA would allow this monster)! Our mail carrier loves that I upgraded to this...after months of sticking Amazon packages at our gate, we finally bumped up to this monstrosity. I'm amazing how many packages will fit in it.

I have the biggest mailbox we could find so USPS doesn't have to come down my driveway often.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Long story to short.....had an Imbel FAL receiver Parcel Posted back to me. Gunsmith had to close shop due to health problems. Parcel never arrived. P.O. gave a bureaucratic shrug and paid the insured value. Since the 4473 had my name, etc on it, I called the local sheriff's office to report a lost/stolen firearm. Just a CYA.

I really wish it would have shown up as those gear logo Inbel's are collectable.

MH

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I totally agree!!!, it was just a tactic to motivate UPS. regardless of the outcome I will not be calling other than the retailer to either get my money back or to get a replacement.
    Simply put, they can only go off of the tracking information just like you. It's not like they can pin-point exactly which trailer it is in. Also have to remember, they don't go through every trailer on the weekends. It will most likely show up Monday or Tuesday, but I assure you, if you **** off the right person, they can and just might put an immediate return on it and refuse to deliver it. Have a little patience. It didn't hit 81st until Friday, which means it will be at your delivery center Monday.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    They absolutely should be able to. As long as it was scanned into said trailer…
    The ETS system will simply show a "physical" scan, time scanned, and the destination. If the building has more than 1 trailer going to the destination (we have multiple going to 81st Street every night) then we cannot know which trailer it is in. It doesn't show a trailer number or tell us exactly which package it is and where it is located in the trailer. Also, at some automated buildings, they don't scan packages into the trailers. The packages are scanned then automatically sorted to go where they need to go. The loaders just load what comes to them.

The 1-800 number people can't tell a customer where a package is at exactly. They aren't even in the building. All they can go off of is where it was last scanned.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The ETS system will simply show a "physical" scan, time scanned, and the destination. If the building has more than 1 trailer going to the destination (we have multiple going to 81st Street every night) then we cannot know which trailer it is in. It doesn't show a trailer number or tell us exactly which package it is and where it is located in the trailer.
    Who is “we”?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well UPS kept my firearm for 5 business days and magically the receiver refused the package, I talk to the FFL and UPS did not try to deliver. I know most of the people behind the counter and I know the owner so I could say that I trust them. it was return to the sender. I actually had two firearms shipped via UPS and both had the same thing happen to them. identical situation same FFL. I'm working with both retailers to utilize an other carrier as I don't want anything to do with UPS and their b*****t. two different retailers same result. UPS has horrific support and customer service. nobody knows anything and talking to a person is almost impossible.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well UPS kept my firearm for 5 business days and magically the receiver refused the package, I talk to the FFL and UPS did not try to deliver. I know most of the people behind the counter and I know the owner so I could say that I trust them. it was return to the sender. I actually had two firearms shipped via UPS and both had the same thing happen to them. identical situation same FFL. I'm working with both retailers to utilize an other carrier as I don't want anything to do with UPS and their b*****t. two different retailers same result. UPS has horrific support and customer service. nobody knows anything and talking to a person is almost impossible.
    I'd be curious if that FFL has had issues with other UPS deliveries besides yours. That's strange (not doubting you), because you'd think an FFL doing any regular volume of transfers would be having shipments coming in from all of the big 3 (UPS, USPS, FedEx).

I hope you get it worked out.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I've got a UPS shipment that should have been delivered a week ago today (March 2nd). It's an upper receiver with heavy barrel (without BGG, charging handle or muzzle device, all of which I've already got). With a heavy barrel means it's in a long box heavy enough to hold an entire rifle. Disappeared after it arrived at the Plainfield hub at about 2 AM. It's been "Under Investigation" by UPS since March 5th after I contacted the company I bought it from to inquire about what we do next (on the 5th). I've not been told, but would bet big they called UPS same day I contacted them to ask where the hell it is. Tapping my foot, alternating daily between left and right. I need it to finish a build for which I've now got all the rest of the components required. In the meantime, it's my impression UPS in Plainfield has pilferage issues. I'd also bet big it's never going to be found and sometime next week the company will have to send me another one.

The bulk ammunition I ordered all came by UPS just fine in two different shipments. Those square shaped boxes were mummified in packing tape and had the black and white limited quantity HAZMAT labels on them used for ammo. They weren't going to magically break open, even if dropped six feet to concrete. Even so, anyone seeing them would know there's ammunition inside them.

Top Bottom