• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Governments job: Secure the borders, punish criminals, allow the people to prosper from their own labors and ingenuity.

How about sleepy joe and the rest of the commie loving criminals in government concentrate on getting those 3 things done.

I didn't need a nanny when I was 9, I sure don't need one today.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It reminds me of the gun owning leftists that tend to wander in here from time to time. "I dont own an AR and have no interest in one. So I dont think banning ARs is a big deal." (wont hurt me, so go ahead and outlaw it)
    Same applies with a wide variety of topics. Diesel trucks, marijuana, gambling, swimming pools. Etc..

For a country founded on individual freedom and liberty we have no shortage of people who can’t stand the fact that not everyone sees the world as they do or wants to live their life.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Ethanol and ethanol levels are pretty easy to calculate, the only variables are of the human makeup/nature.

ETOH is cleared from the body using Michaelis Menton kinetics also known as zero order kinetics. In other words ETOH doesn't have a "half life" in the human body, the amount the body clears is a set amount over a period of time no matter how much you have in your system. In other words it is like a sinking boat, no matter the size of the hole the bucket to bail it out is the same size. But we are beautifully and wonderfully made and the more you expose your body to the toxin the more efficient it becomes in removing it from your body.

To get to the old legally intoxicated (which was driven by medicine and not society) requires 1ml of absolute alcohol (100%) per Kg of body weight. This is the source of the old drink calculator charts they used to have posted but now they are simply 1/4 of the original levels.

So, for the legally challenged people out there that are drunk and in a wreck don't say, "oh, I stopped drinking hours ago..." tell them, "I was afraid you were going to take the bottle away from me so I drank it all right after the crash..."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is just ****ty reporting at its finest.

First, the title:

Biden's beer ban: Americans may be urged to have just one drink a week under new plans​

"urging" is entirely different than banning.

"alocohol czar"? Am I the only one that's never heard of such a thing?

Second is this:
    President Biden's alcohol czar, George Koob, the director for the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAA), told Dailymail.com that the USDA could change its Alcohol laws to match Canada, where people are advised to drink that drink per week.
    Law? What law? What change? The article gives no specifics whatsoever.

Then:
    The guidance is currently up for review, but won't be set in place until 2025.

So it's just guidance? Super. I'll just ignore it and continue on with my life. No need to get my knickers twisted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is just ****ty reporting at its finest.

First, the title:

Biden's beer ban: Americans may be urged to have just one drink a week under new plans​

"urging" is entirely different than banning.

"alocohol czar"? Am I the only one that's never heard of such a thing?

Second is this:

Law? What law? What change? The article gives no specifics whatsoever.

Then:

So it's just guidance? Super. I'll just ignore it and continue on with my life. No need to get my knickers twisted.
    Until insurance companies start referencing these “guidelines” in their mandates and penalize us in our rates because now we are in a higher risk category.

A stretch, but not out of the question.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Until insurance companies start referencing these “guidelines” in their mandates and penalize us in our rates because now we are in a higher risk category.

A stretch, but not out of the question.
    True.

But unless .gov forces them to change the their rates then it's still a capitalist free market at play. (But I'd still be complaining about it)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Your alcohol intake will be monitored by the mark of the beast chip implants, as will your food intake and smoking.

Speaking of smoking, why is pot promoted and tobacco is not? Recently read that pot makes for compliant mellow subjects, tobacco is a stimulant that increases thinking…

Top Bottom