• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I deliver medical equipment,and was picking up something last week in Martinsville.

The person was not going to be home so I instructed her to leave it on the porch. So I'm at the house,very rural setting,and I'm getting the device, I hear a car pull up,so I'm like ok maybe she's home,I turn around and there is this guy with his Glock drawn saying can I help you.....Uuuuhhh...ok so I carry at work,and I almost went for my ****,but I have on my co. Badge ID and I'm in a marked co. truck too
    So I explained my self,and he apologized for startling me,and that the area had been getting brake ins recently from crack heads taking over.....it didn't really suprise me and I assured him that I didn't blame him for pulling out his gun,because I was carrying too.....
    So basically times are getting harsh even in the country,not just the city.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I deliver medical equipment,and was picking up something last week in Martinsville.

The person was not going to be home so I instructed her to leave it on the porch. So I'm at the house,very rural setting,and I'm getting the device, I hear a car pull up,so I'm like ok maybe she's home,I turn around and there is this guy with his Glock drawn saying can I help you.....Uuuuhhh...ok so I carry at work,and I almost went for my ****,but I have on my co. Badge ID and I'm in a marked co. truck too
    So I explained my self,and he apologized for startling me,and that the area had been getting brake ins recently from crack heads taking over.....it didn't really suprise me and I assured him that I didn't blame him for pulling out his gun,because I was carrying too.....
    So basically times are getting harsh even in the country,not just the city.

Sounds like he committed a criminal offense. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guy, Please post a link to the article when it is published if possible.
    Thanks
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Yeah...What he said.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    The IBJ photographer just came out to the range and took some pics. He said the article is supposed th be published on Saturday. The reporter is Sam Stalls.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This article has now been published in this week's IBJ. Check out Unfounded or not, political worries contribute to robust firearms sales | 2012-04-07 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com. (Note that IBJ requires a subscription to view their on-line paper. Printed copies are in newstands now.)

BTW, the printed version of the article calls me "Gary" Relford. (Sigh) The on-line version has now been corrected.

My friends at Indy Gun Safety (Randy), Elmore's Firearms and Plainfield Shooting Supplies were also interviewed for the story.

Guy

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Mix of reasons:

1. In any down economy collectible items always increase in value. People realize that as the dollar shirks, gold and guns grow.

2. The increase in carry permits.

3. People no longer need to hide the fact that they like guns. Guns are cool again.

4. Many of the things that NICS checks are being run on do not go bang as items such as lowers and suppressors become more popular.
    :+1: to all of this.

I will also add. the usual pre-election panic buying.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I personally think all my INGO brethren are the best and brightest in the state... but you all missed a 2,000 gorilla sitting in the midst of all of us when it comes to increased firearm sales over the past few years.

Yes, all those things that were mentioned are true, and have a strong factor in the purchase of additional firearms. But what really has been driving the sales?

The hundreds of thousands of GIs coming back from the sand box who have become quite familiar with firearms. Between, say, 1980 up to ten years ago the number of military people who were actually exposed to, and used firearms on a dairly basis was minimal. The "armed" in armed forces was a joke.

But look at the soldiers coming back from Iraq/Afghanistan now. They are as intimately familiar with guns as any coming from any war. And while there will always be some who want to hang them up and never touch them again I think there are dozens who have learned to enjoy guns, and want to keep their skill up. Combine that with the other reasons, and now you have a base to be buying those guns.

No sandbox war? I think the number of new guns bought drops tremendously.

Plus, the one-influences-one mode takes hold. When a tipping point is achieved, then the younger brother, the cousin, the wife, the nephew all want to get involved. Brother Bob comes home from the war, continues to enjoy shooting, and three or four other people get interested from his actions.

For good or ill, the sandbox war will influence our country for decades. Prior to 2000 we had about two military vets in Congress. I don't know the exact number now but it is closing in on the dozens.

Top Bottom