• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Call any HVAC business. They normally will sell you the blower out of a furnace. You can regulate how much air you move by blocking the intake. I don't ever remember seeing one with anything but steel blades. Some where in the $20 dollar range. I used one of them when I had my blacksmith shop set up in my garage. By adjusting the pulleys you can change the RPM. Which changes the CFM.

That sounds almost exactly what i am looking for.... dont need the pully system though... one more thing to break or give me trouble, but for 20 bucks i would be game for sure.

I take it they run on standard 120v?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The bath fans all use poly blades, because of the moisture they expect to encounter and cost reasons. The squirrel cage motors generally use aluminum for the vane assembly for weight and cost reasons, although the more heavy duty ones don't.

How close are your neighbors? What are they going to say about you wafting that smell through the backyards? Just curious.
    Having worked in HVAC most of these have either steel or tin blades,not aluminum because of cost.Give Grainger a call and see what they say about the blowers they carry. Most are not aluminum.
    HVACR > Blowers > Small Centrifugal Blowers : Grainger Industrial Supply

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    thanks for the help smoking man... thumper i believe has what i am looking for... i am checking it out on tuesday... will follow up with an HVAC company if it doesnt pan out.... FYI thumper is good people.

Top Bottom