• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hey, if clicking some one's button is all it takes to make them happy, why not.

So long as we are actually talking about a real computer and not a euphemism for something else.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What's the "dig this post" mean?
    Digg.com is a site where you can search for something or submit something that you think others might be looking for. It's kinda useful for research or for gathering info to back up a quick point you want to make.
    Some of the stuff you can turn up is kind of obscure, so it's unique in that respect, too.:yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I added a rep modification to the forum software a while back so that once you hit all the "pips" (green bars) you start from the beginning but you get a star under your profile. Bronze followed by silver and then gold.

reputation_bronzestar.gif
    reputation_silverstar.gif
    reputation_goldstar.gif

We got a long way to go here!

Congrats on
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_gold.gif
    , Mike!

OK, so it's 100 points per
    reputation_green.gif
    , 200 points for every
    reputation_greenh.gif
    . How many points equal a
    reputation_gold.gif
    ? Are there five of those, too? And are there any "pips" after the
    reputation_gold.gif
    or is that when it starts over with stars?

TIA for info!

Blessings,
    Bill

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I think there are 5 of those goldish looking pips just like the dark green and light green. Once you have hit all the pips you get a star and start over with the pips.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    So does this system have diminishing returns built in? Because I've never received negative feedback except from one user who repeatedly thumbs down anything that he doesn't agree with politically, it doesn't really matter because I get a lot more positive feedback but it might discourage childish behavior if it stopped having an affect after 4-5 times.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No, the reputation numbers are not on a sliding scale. You'll receive points based on the granter's stats. Your reputation pips are on a scale, however, as described by BoR a couple of posts above. The person who keeps neg. repping you must not have a lot of rep power.

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Nah it's more just the fact that mostly people are much more positive on these forums so there's a lot of good karma flying around.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I LOVE karma! Especially in those Whitman's Sampler boxes...the square ones are always chocolate covered karma and those are my favorite!;)

I know! The rectangle ones, too! :lmfao:

(Actually, I think most chocolate companies have gotten away from it, but when I was a kid, there was a magazine article I saw that explained not only what shape was what, but what the swirls on top meant to tell you what was inside the chocolate. A square piece with a kind of an O shape swirl on top meant it was an orange "karma", for example. I'd love to find that list again.)

Blessings,
    B

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

(Actually, I think most chocolate companies have gotten away from it, but when I was a kid, there was a magazine article I saw that explained not only what shape was what, but what the swirls on top meant to tell you what was inside the chocolate. A square piece with a kind of an O shape swirl on top meant it was an orange "karma", for example. I'd love to find that list again.)

Blessings,
    B

:laugh: :laugh: I'd love to be a kid again! :laugh: :laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :laugh: :laugh: I'd love to be a kid again! :laugh: :laugh:

I'd go back if I could choose when and if I could come back to my adulthood whenever I chose to. I'd especially go back if I could change a few things I did that I wish I'd done differently. But to go back and be stuck there all over again? NO THANKS! ;)

Blessings,
    B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Blessings,
    B

As far as I recall, each chocolate maker had their own "code", although many of them tended to overlap. I believe they still do it, too.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'd go back if I could choose when and if I could come back to my adulthood whenever I chose to. I'd especially go back if I could change a few things I did that I wish I'd done differently. But to go back and be stuck there all over again? NO THANKS! ;)

Blessings,
    B

I've thought that a few times, but most of the mistakes I've made have helped make me the person that I am. I'm overall pretty satisfied with how my life has turned out, good and bad. The only thing I'd change is where I went to college the first time, and I'd definitely stay until I was completely done (with my first degree). :D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I've thought that a few times, but most of the mistakes I've made have helped make me the person that I am. I'm overall pretty satisfied with how my life has turned out, good and bad. The only thing I'd change is where I went to college the first time, and I'd definitely stay until I was completely done (with my first degree). :D

Oh, Lordy, do I grok that. I ended up in the Air Force (as opposed to another branch of service) and in a very bad "career field" for me due to some serious self confidence issues growing up (which, although it might not show much on this board, still plague me from time to time). The result of that led me step by step through depression, poverty, more depression, and so on. But all that heck I went through ended up with me finally going to college in the early 90's and put me in the position to meet the woman who has since become my wife, to have the wonderful daughter we have and put me where I am now.

If I could go back and change it? I really don't know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom