• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He's a lawyer. Lawyers can't shoot, they miss a lot.

Ahh, right. Lawyers. They suck so much the bullets they fire have less velocity and also cause changes in flight path. That makes so much more sense now.

did-I-say-that.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I once used 3 Stingers from my M&P 22 to put down a diseased possum...2 probably would have done the job, but anything worth doing is worth overdoing...

...what were we talking about again?

I know it's purple, but I'll bite anyway. We were talking about being under gunned. I mentioned that a headshot or three from a .380 won't kill a hog. The end of that story is that I had to borrow a rifle to kill the poor critter. Maybe that's a good metaphor for the old saw that a handgun is a tool used to fight your way back to a long gun.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Reliance on shot placement as a guarantee is also a potentially disastrous policy. Unless you hit the central nervous system, there are no guarantees, especially with smaller calibers. Perhaps more importantly, far too many people grossly overestimate their marksmanship and shooting abilities under that kind of stress. I'd rather have enough rounds available for a Plan B.

I just think that highlighted part should be read again. That is a very good point.

Top Bottom