• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    As title says, is the site indianaunclaimed.gov real or a scam? Once it asked for SS number I got pretty hesitant to go further. I can see why they would need that if legit, but typing it into a website makes me pretty nervous. Anyone actually ever use this site and know it’s real? Thanks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've had funds that I claimed from the site. They need to verify your identity before they send the money to you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m thinking all of the states have a version of that. My brother and I claimed some property my parents had in their name just last year from the state of Tennessee. Depending on the value, the hoops you’ll to jump through will vary.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Good job following your spidey senses and stopping. Your link is legitimate but to add some comfort you can navigate to the same website by typing in IN.gov

Unclaimed property is legitimate and if you lived in other states you may also have money there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As title says, is the site indianaunclaimed.gov real or a scam? Once it asked for SS number I got pretty hesitant to go further. I can see why they would need that if legit, but typing it into a website makes me pretty nervous. Anyone actually ever use this site and know it’s real? Thanks.

It's real. I worked for a company that couldn't find me to pay me some $15 it found out it owed me in an audit years later. It was way more of a hassle than it was worth to claim it, so I never bothered, but it was legit.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Sure, there are Nigerian princes working there, but it's legit....still waiting on my 5 mil inheritance though.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's real. I worked for a company that couldn't find me to pay me some $15 it found out it owed me in an audit years later. It was way more of a hassle than it was worth to claim it, so I never bothered, but it was legit.
    After seeing this thread, I decided to check the site again. Still nothing out there for me, but found $41.82 that was owed to DoggyMama. It was simple (probably because of the small amount). Filled out a form and answered a few questions on the website, then got an email saying I didn't have to do anything else and that they would mail a check within 2-3 weeks.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I just looked and the BMV owes my wife $3. Funny how I don't have any known relatives in Indiana other than my parents, but several people with my (unique) last name have unclaimed property.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After seeing this thread, I decided to check the site again. Still nothing out there for me, but found $41.82 that was owed to DoggyMama. It was simple (probably because of the small amount). Filled out a form and answered a few questions on the website, then got an email saying I didn't have to do anything else and that they would mail a check within 2-3 weeks.

I was overseas at the time and it was 20 years ago. You had to make a copy of your ID and mail in an affadavit. Wasn't worth it. I just checked and it's still there, but it's not even the $15 I recalled. $10.62.

I did find some for my dad, though, and he can definitely use whatever comes his way. I'll have to help him claim it.

Top Bottom