• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    Anyone have any experience using Ultramax Ammunition Remanufactured? I was in Dicks this week and they had 2 value packs each containing 250 rounds. I buy both packs and get home and do some research and all the reviews indicate how dirty the ammo is. Has anyone else used this ammo before?

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I received some for a good price in a trade deal once, I did find it was a little dirty but it shot fine for range fodder. And IIRC it was LC brass and I have since reloaded it w/o issue.

I wouldnt pay top dollar for it.... if you dont mind me asking, how much per round was it? :dunno:

LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    I paid $55 per value pack of 40 cal so it breaks down to .22 cents a round. It is more than I should have paid for remanufactured ammo but still much better than $24 for a box of Blazer Brass 40 at Gander on the northside.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    no problems with the stuff. have a cowboy range at my gun club..... can only use lead ammo or .22. bought some for my .45 & 9mm... works fine.
    just a bit dirty.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have used it in .223, 9mm, .40 and .45 and the results have been fine. I don't hesitate to buy it and shoot it. Dirty? I am going to have to clean the gun no matter what so if it is a little dirty.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone have any experience using Ultramax Ammunition Remanufactured? I was in Dicks this week and they had 2 value packs each containing 250 rounds. I buy both packs and get home and do some research and all the reviews indicate how dirty the ammo is. Has anyone else used this ammo before?

I have a lot of it. Yes, its dirty. But no worse that Wolf. And you have to clean the gun anyway so what's the big deal? It functions fine in my auto pistols (both 9 and 45) and is plenty good enough for practice loads, training and plinking. Never been a problem in any of my guns.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Some folks online have had issues with the bulk packages of the ammo (bulk rifle stuff, some reported KBs, but usually circumstantial stories). I have personally used a bunch of their lead pistol ammo, which is horribly dirty. Their jacketed stuff is pretty consistant and reasonably clean (no worse than Remington and others). The rifle stuff packed in 50 round boxes is great, I have used the .223 stuff with no issues.

Decent ammo, but like ANY remanufactured ammo, dont be pissed if it complodes your gun. They have better QC than many of the gunshow reloads that I have seen at our range, but still being a remanufacturer gives them a slight "meh" in my mind. I have seen that the stories involving KBs that Ultramax is a great company to deal with and usually helps the owner of the comploded gun VERY nicely.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have some of the lead rounds for my .40. The only issue I've had is with lead fouling, for some reason that stuff trashes the barrel of my M&P .40c. Other than that it seems to be a good bargain.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I bought a bulk pack of remanufactured 9mm and a second one of .38 special. Dirty, smoky stuff. After a mag dump I had to wait for the smoke to clear. That said, it was the only thing that fed almost reliably in my hi point ( i know remanufactured ammo and a hi point what was I thinking, but hey I'm a poor college kid!) the .38 special was the same, dirty and smoky but made holes just as good as anything else, like others have said you have to clean the gun anyways.

Just a note of caution, I sold the rest of my 9 mm after reading in my owners manual that for my sw9ve shooting reloaded ammo voids the warranty...

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Just a note of caution, I sold the rest of my 9 mm after reading in my owners manual that for my sw9ve shooting reloaded ammo voids the warranty...

I believe that you will find most manufacturers have that policy in their warranties.....especially for autoloaders. I know the Ruger Super Redhawks had a few short list loaders that were recommended for the heavy bullets, not sure if thats the case now or not. :dunno:

LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    I finally got out and shot some of it over the weekend. 50 rounds down my 229 and no problems. I am happy with it so far.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    I've bought about 800 rnds of this in .223 over the last year. 55gr soft point, my 11.5" sbr and my 20" love it. Never had a FTF or any issues. I buy it every time I can get a deal.

ETA: My AR's eat this better than Remington also.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Shot 500 rounds of Ultramax 40 FMJ with out any problems during a Boone Co Gunsite Course. I also shot 1100 round of Ultramax .223 during a Pat Rogers class with out incident.

I have 100 or so rounds of their Nosler ballistic tip ammo for varmint ammo.

Would I risk my life to it, no.

One draw back of the handgun ammo we received was the plastic trays. The bottom of the trays would break out leaving small plastic circles everywhere.

Top Bottom