• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SWMBO has it now, courtesy of kids at the day care who aren't kept home when they are sick. She's been sleeping all day, had a bit of chicken broth and some ginger ale, and thinks she's going to work tomorrow. We'll see. Lost more weight she can't afford to lose.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Seven up or pedialyte have always been my starting point after the horribleness goes away. Then dry toast and chicken broth after that. Nice thing about stomach bugs, they rarely last more than a day or two.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Another vote for the BRAT diet. Plus greek yogurt. And electrolytes.

Last month there was a bug going around our little guy's daycare. April 2, PhotoNinja wasn't hungry for supper, felt a little off. Hit her hard that night and she was down all weekend. The following Monday, about 5a.m. it hit me. Wasn't as bad as her(fever/chills/etc) but still knocked me out for several days. Little mini-me never got it.
    We came to find out it was food-borne, from some hoagie rolls she bought--she had one on Thursday, I had one on Saturday. Only difference between us was I toasted my sammich under the broiler, she didn't. The following Thursday is when we found out it was the hoagie rolls- from the mold patterns it looked like someone had sneezed all over them. We are staying away from the supermarket bakery from here on.

Hope you get to feeling better soon Phlyodog.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeh, got grumble guts and loose bowels this morning.

I don't have time for this... stuff.

Top Bottom