• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    So last night I decided that I need another 10/22 for some reason (maybe it was the vodka, who knows)

Anyways, I posted a WTB thread here and at 2:00 today I picked up a nice virgin 10/22 from a member here (Glock34).

Then the real fun (and money spending started)

On order:
    Stock(s) (could not decide, so I bought both, I will return / sell the one I don't use... or maybe I need another 10/22....)
    Boyd's SS Evolution stock (Blue)
    Revolution Yukon Stock (Blue)

Barrel:
    ER Shaw 10/22 18" stainless Straight Fluted - 22LR

Action:
    Volquartsen target hammer
    Yellow Jacket bolt buffer
    Volquartsen auto-bolt release
    Extended magazine release

Now I just need to decide what to do about optics. I love my mueller APV that I have on my other 10/22, but I have a red-dot mounted on it right now to see how it looks and I kind of like it.

Maybe I will stick with a red-dot and make it a FNS gun :ar15:

IMG_4293.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Nice! The 10/22 is great and you now have RRD (ruger rifle disease) which is similar to BRD...

Sorry, the new desk reference has the 10/22 as a BRD now. The defining difference is a recognition of rule #3 in BRD: any rifle that you can spend 4x as much on accessories than the original firearm not including optics, and 99% of those changes just to make it look more evil...

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Welcome

Slacker, welcome to the world of Rugeritis, Meds are on Wed, but there is no known cure. I have 12 of the 10/22 in various configurations, a 77/22 and recently acquired a 96/22. I replace the bolt buffer immediately and make my own extended mag release. I just can't pass up a 10/22 made before 2008. After that they have a plastic trigger housing and barrel band. I have one set up for FNS with the same red-dot that you have in the picture. If you go with the High cap mags only use the Butler Creek with steel lips ot Tactical Innovation mags. This will give you a lot less headaches. Let me know when you want to break them in and if the weather cooperates I can bring along lots of steel targets that I have made up for .22's.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    You guys'll be the death of me.. I've got a perfectly fine 10/22 that now needs to get souped up for some reason.. :)

Want to sell it :dunno:? I just can't help myself!

I am excited for some warmer weather. My parts should be coming in this week, so I can build next weekend and go shooting as soon as it is a little warmer out :D

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Symptom #1

You know you've got it bad when you start buying hammers, recoil buffers, and mag releases for guns you don't have YET!

Been there, done that!

Do you need a nice custom (Tuck) painted stock or two? They have barreled actions in them and I'm pretty proud of them! :D

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    You are not alone with the RRD. I have the Yukon Extreme Stock, Rimfire Technologies Quantum Threaded Barrel, R/T trigger group, Mueller APV scope, fox buffer. That covers one rifle.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    mag release

Slacker, welcome to the world of Rugeritis, Meds are on Wed, but there is no known cure. I have 12 of the 10/22 in various configurations, a 77/22 and recently acquired a 96/22. I replace the bolt buffer immediately and make my own extended mag release. I just can't pass up a 10/22 made before 2008. After that they have a plastic trigger housing and barrel band. I have one set up for FNS with the same red-dot that you have in the picture. If you go with the High cap mags only use the Butler Creek with steel lips ot Tactical Innovation mags. This will give you a lot less headaches. Let me know when you want to break them in and if the weather cooperates I can bring along lots of steel targets that I have made up for .22's.

Not to hijack the thread but how do make a mag release?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I just wish I could find someone to sell me a decent used 10-22! everyone (but me) has one, and no one wants to get rid of them!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    One way

Not to hijack the thread but how do make a mag release?

I don't know how Simon6101 does his but I have seen guys make them by drilling an appropriately sized hole into the bottom of the factory release and epoxying the steel bolt stop into the hole. The bolt stop pin, of course, had been replaced with an aftermarket recoil buffer.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have several of the 10/22's. Love them. Bought a stainless last year for the grandson. He'll be 13 this year, so I can take him out shooting. His mom said he had to be that old.?? I have dressed them up, put on suppressors and big scopes. Still have my first one from back in the early 70's.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't know how Simon6101 does his but I have seen guys make them by drilling an appropriately sized hole into the bottom of the factory release and epoxying the steel bolt stop into the hole. The bolt stop pin, of course, had been replaced with an aftermarket recoil buffer.

I used an empty 22LR case epoxied on a 10/32 stainless bolt. Lock tite it in to the hole I drilled and tapped in the old mag release.

Top Bottom