• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Hello all, I've recently noticed that the safety system on the cattleman 2 is causing light primer strikes. I can think of a handful of ways to fix it but wanted too know if anyone else had experience with how they fixed it? Trying to avoid having to buy a old style hammer and trigger for it. This floating firing pin design isn't the best...

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I use lighter primers, only federal and CCI. I've not had issues with my Cattleman revolvers. I know the Wolf / Tula / Ginex primers can cause problems.

No, their firing systems aren't the best. I also buy mostly Cimarron Model P's for target shooting, although I've heard they're made in the same factory.

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Thanks for the response. I will watch out for the primer brands. I believe if the rod was longer inside the hammer I would have never had noticed. I dont think it engages the firing pin fully when pulling the trigger slow.
    Unfortunately I was unaware of the safety changes upon buying it... My older uberti is the transfer bar safety.
    Suppose that pin inside could be peened on the end and drawed out to give the extra maybe .015 thousandths needed in length??

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Well peening the internals didn't give me enough length. Maybe gained .005 thousandths. Looks like I need to just hunt for a older hammer with the old style safety or one without.

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    I believe I'm just going to fit a old style hammer to it and bring it to a traditional 4 click. The only thing now is finding one. See quite a few on ebay but most are labeled 45lc. Does anyone know if the hammer for a 45lc is interchangeable to a 357?? I can't see a reason for one being different, I assume the frames are the same just the bores are different.

Top Bottom